Our client is seeking a Lead Engineer, Systems Engineer IV to provide technical leadership to the electrical team. As an early people leader, Lead Engineer can hire and develop talent, and provide informal guidance to junior engineers.
* Lead the team to solve complex problems through thought leadership and robust analyses.
* Leverage internal and external resources to develop, advance and retain talent.
* Lead the Rolling Stock subsystem vendors to deliver the products acceptable for the client and the customers on time by giving the right input information at the right timings.
* Attend meetings with customers and suppliers as the key representative of the engineering team.
* Design/develop/deploy the vehicle electrical system and integration including embedded hardware and software, circuits, wiring and associated mechanical interfaces.
* Performance testing and troubleshooting LRV electrical and mechanical systems, and evaluate and document results.
* Create and review engineering relevant documents, reports, technical proposals.
* Help with special projects as assigned by Sr. Engineering Manager.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or related field required; Master's degree a plus.
* 3+ years of experience in electrical, mechanical and systems engineering; experience working in Rolling Stock required.
* 2+ years of experience in supplier management of railway vehicle subsystems with the US or European suppliers.
* 2+ years of experience in requirement management of the (sub) systems of Rolling Stock.
* Experience in troubleshooting Rolling Stock subsystems using hardware and mechanical drawings and circuit and schematics and various tools such as PTU, etc.
* Experience with supervising Railway RAMS engineering including Verification and Validation (V&V).
* Experience as a team leader with a strong determination to complete projects which span several years.
* Ability to teach others and must be able to assist teams with abstract technology concepts.
* Ability to travel to various domestic and international destinations.