Our client is looking for an Application Engineer. This role is based in New Delhi, India.
Our client is the sister concern of a niche business of Train Control and Management System (TCMS) solution for Mainline and Metro trains. This group offers products complying with international general (EN) and technical (UIC) standards; it includes information systems for passengers, IP surveillance and audio systems, TCN communication, communication infrastructure and on-board control systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Sound knowledge in working with PLC programming/controllers preferably using IEC 61131 and HMI for railway applications
* Hands on experience in commissioning/troubleshooting of Train Communication Network (TCN) equipment like WTB Gateway, MVB modules, ETB Switch, etc.
* Sound knowledge of Locomotive systems / sub-systems such as Vehicle Control Unit (VCU), Traction Converter, Auxiliary Converter, Driver Display Unit, etc.
* Programming using Embedded C, C++, Qt using Linux, Functional Block Diagram (FBD)
* Strong digital electronics concepts
* Familiar with communication protocols for field bus systems such as RS485, CAN, Ethernet or similar
* Provide on-site and remote technical support to customers and assist during integration of products to the customers / customer system(s)
* Provide support to customers for troubleshooting, warranty and post warranty claims
* Collect and consolidate customer technical requirements, discuss with engineering team for new projects
* Provide quick response to key customer requests on technical and application support, propose the best technical solution, based on our portfolio in order to fully meet customer goals
* Co-ordinate with overseas technology providers for hardware and software faults
* Organize customer trainings
* Travel to visit customers
* University degree with major in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or similar
* Experience in HW design (schematics and PCB layout) will be a plus
* Experience in industrial automation will be a strong plus
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, team player
* Fluent in English
* Independent, proactive way of working