Our client, who is in a consortium providing General Consulting (GC) services for Civil and Systems for Mumbai Line 10 (Gaimukh to Shivaji Chowk (Mira Road) and Line 12 (Kalyan to Talajoa), is looking for a Project Director to be responsible for overall management of the project.
He will lead the Stakeholder management and provide key directions to the team. He will be directly supported by Deputy Project Directors from each disciplines of Civil and Systems for co-ordination with Detail Design Consultant, Construction Contractors, D&B Contractors and MMRDA Personnel and will:
* Take decisions and give directions to facilitate completion of project without time and cost over runs without sacrificing quality and safety.
* Be responsible for administrative as well as technical control of GC team and its performance.
* Be responsible for proper implementation of provisions in the Terms of Reference and relevant manuals, rules and regulations as per contract and execution of work by contractor in accordance with specifications and time lines laid down in the contracts.
* Set up reporting system from Contractors and Senior GC Experts to his office and further to MMRDA. Submit progress reports to MMRDA.
Input for position - more than 48 man months full time
* Must have degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent qualification
* Postgraduate qualification in Management, or similar, or Masters in Engineering degree
* Must have a minimum of 25 years of relevant cumulative experience related to construction projects; Developed country experience exceeding 5 years
* Must have at least 7 years in elevated or elevated and underground Metro Projects.
* Must have working experience of developed country exceeding 5 years
* Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
* Strong team player
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through patience, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
* Strong interpersonal skills