Our client is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Project Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Oakland, CA/San Francisco Bay Area.
Our client is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
The person is required to be in the office 3 days a week with all personnel working in the office on a Wednesday . The other 2 days can be determined by the employee. .
- Candidate must become thoroughly familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of the
- Directs and reviews the overall planning of project activities to identify critical milestones and priorities.
- Determines and reviews budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. -
Manages and reviews the assignment of manpower, materials, and equipment to maximize efficiency,
maintain schedules, and to meet budget goals.
- Leads the team to achieve all cost and schedule objectives while keeping alert to possible problem areas and
takes preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
- Provides and presents project status reviews to client.
- Prepares and/or reviews cost and risk analyses and extra work claims for the client.
- Will be the primary contact and required to maintain a strong client relationship.
- A critical component to ensuring the project is performed to the standard safety and quality assurance
requirements for the client.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
* Previous Project Management experience
* Experience working in mass transit industry projects
* Working knowledge of safety and security, buy America regulations, train control systems, passenger
vehicles, communication systems, communication systems, traction electrification systems, operation &
maintenance of rail systems.
* Strong Leadership and Communication Skills
* A minimum of seven years of project management experience
* Previous Project Management experience working on rail industry projects
* Experience in the following areas of project management: Customer management, scheduling, planning,
critical path analysis, change order management, risk management, cost estimation, and contract