Our client is a leader in transport solutions constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services.
They are looking for a Project Procurement Manager to be based in Singapore, the role is globally responsible for the full set of procurement processes within the allocated customer projects.
Organizes and manages all procurement activities and resources during the bid and execution phase of these customer projects.
What are my responsibilities?
* Integration of the procurement function in customer bid and execution projects along the PM@Siemens life cycle as 'Sub-Project Manager Procurement' (starting from PM020 at the latest):
* Identify, involve, integrate, and manage all relevant procurement functions for a customer bid or project (i.e. Global Category Management, Supplier Quality Management, Regional Procurement, etc.)
* Act as prime interface to/for the customer bids or projects key business partners and procurement (incl. i.e. milestone meetings, risk workshops, kick-off meetings, project-related procurement reviews, escalations, etc.)
* Align schedules (i.e. project schedule vs. procurement-specific for RFQs, negotiations, supplier selection, deliveries, etc.)
* Align terms & conditions and ensure transfer of the relevant customer contract terms & conditions to supplier offers and contracts.
* Analyze procurement and supplier-related risks and set/manage respective mitigation measures.
* Drives Procurement strategies in projects and ensures their implementation of KPIs like CNI, CTG, E Bidding / Auction & PTE, etc
* Support in getting the best rates during the execution phase.
* Develop and activity-drive local sourcing strategies, supplier performance, and management.
* Owns, monitors, and drives utilization of the consolidated Procurement Plan and Procurement Statement, including Supplier/RFQ/offer status per purchasing item,
* Selected suppliers, Risk table, Procurement efforts, and resources and manages Procurement Plan.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* Have to be Singaporeans and Singapore PRs for this role.
*At least a bachelor's degree in engineering/business/accounting / other related fields
* 7-10 years of experience in strategic purchasing /category management or project management preferably in the engineering industry
* Experience in strategic purchasing /category management or project management in rail signaling equipment including cables, point machines, telecommunication, and subcontract installation a plus
* Strong and articulated communicator who can connect with stakeholders at multiple levels.
* Strategic Thinking and ability to adapt to change.
* Ability to make information out of data: Ability to prepare analytical reports, organize and present in a clear and concise manner.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
* System and data management skills; especially Excel and SAP Procurement modules & Related systems
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status