Our client is a leading manufacturer of railroad vehicles and they are looking for a Systems Engineer II to join their team in Los Angeles, California.
This job is open to locally based candidates only.
The Systems Engineer II will work with various engineering team members, project management, purchasing, manufacturing, quality, our suppliers during various sub-systems development. In addition, this position will make recommendations for systems & software development & integration, process improvements and assist in supporting integration and troubleshooting of issues that affect vehicle critical systems and sub-systems interface and integration.
1) Help develop tracking sheet and action item list & hold weekly meetings.
2) Coordinate & participate with sub-system testing, vehicle level development & integration testing.
3) Participate in all sub-systems and systems integration activities with a focus on sub-system & system performance meeting the requirements.
4) Work with Systems Integration Engineer in the conceptual, preliminary and final design for complex rail transit projects.
5) Work with a team of engineers to provide systems engineering oversight for rail transit projects involving traction power, propulsion, braking, signaling and train control equipment, vehicle communication systems, and third rail and/or OCS poles.
6) Responsible for providing technical direction and assuring the accuracy of the work produced by various vendor design team and contractors, including plans, specifications, and estimates.
7) Discerns technical problems, plans solution paths, and coordinates tasks with other engineers of various disciplines and suppliers for efficient resolution.
8) Coordinates technical activities with the project management groups.
9) Interfacing with the others to ensure proper coordination of the systems aspects of the project.
10) Ensures compliance of systems design with all applicable codes and regulations.
11) Evaluates and may generate, block diagrams, interface drawings, state diagrams, electrical schematics, test procedures, review verification test reports, and other technical documents as required.
12) Supports other departments within the company concerning engineering matters.
13) Help with special projects as assigned by Engineering Managers.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields required; Master"s degree a plus.
* Practical knowledge in both electrical, mechanical & SW engineering.
* 3 years of experience working as Electrical Engineer; experience working in rail industry preferred.
* Knowledge in rail vehicles and its operation, test, or maintenance preferred.
* Practical experiences in using the federal regulations and other official standards (e.g. AAR, APTA, IEEE, ASME, EN, MIL, etc.) for the U.S. rail market a plus.
* A team player with a strong determination to complete projects which may span several years.
* Excellent schedule management and task management skills.
* Proactive problem solver on any issue, both technical and non-technical.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suire, CAD or related engineering software.
* Ability to commute to either El Segundo or Palmdale as needed.
* Ability to travel to various domestic and international destinations.