Our client is a global integrated provider of rail solutions and they are looking for an Integration Mangeer to be based in Brisbane reporting to the Queensland Delivery Manager (and Sequence Alliance Manager)
About the position: Cross River Rail is a new 10.2km rail line including 5.9km of twin tunnels running under the Brisbane River and CBD that will unlock a bottleneck at the core of the rail network and that will transform the way we travel across the whole of South East Queensland.
It will include four new underground stations through the middle of Brisbane, provide a new above-ground station at the RNA Showgrounds, upgrade six stations between Fairfield and Salisbury, deliver three new stations on the Gold Coast and introduce a new world-class signalling system to the wider SEQ rail network.
Once Cross River Rail is operational, journeys will be quicker, stations will be in more convenient locations and there will be capacity to increase train services as our population grows. Making public transport a more viable option for the whole region and helping to ease congestion on our roads
More than just a rail project, Cross River Rail also presents opportunities for urban renewal and precinct development at each of its major station locations, including Boggo Road, Woolloongabba, Albert Street and Roma Street. Major construction of Cross River Rail commenced in 2019 and first services are expected to operate within 2025.
The suitable candidate will have strong experience in System Engineering and T&C of rail systems and signalling, along with experience in real-time system engineering, testing and integration activities, software verification and validation best practices and safety critical techniques. Experience in turnkey projects (within rail signalling) highly desirable, particularly delivering systems such as ETCS, ERTMS and CBTC.
The accountabilities of the Site Integration Manager will include but are not limited to:
* Supporting the Project Delivery Function and maintenance of the Project Delivery Plan;
* Assisting the Delivery Manager with Site Integrations strategy and budget management;
* Supervising the production of the Site Integration plans and schedules;
* Preparing, disseminating and maintenance of the site integration Strategy with support of System integration
and T&C team;
* Coordinating and supporting internal and external audits about site integration activities;
* Assisting the Delivery Manager with commercial issues involving the Contract and Sub-contracts as
* Attending/chairing Site Integration meetings and arrange the preparation of progress reports for Site
* Representing the Delivery Manager at customer meetings when required;
* Ensuring all site integration activities undertaken are conducted with due regard to a high level of continuous
* Ensuring all site integration activities undertaken are conducted with due regard to a high level of safety.
* Leading the System Integration team and T&C team for Site testing activities, being the glue between lab
integration testing and Site integration testing
* Ensuring a unique System integration test procedure for lab and site
* Coordinate and organize Site testing activities and possession involving the Operation team if necessary
* Coordinate the site log analysis or investigation during any site testing issues
* Collections Log for all subsystem
* Ensuring the preparation of System integration procedure, plan and schedule
* Ensuring the SW baseline and configuration management for lab and site activities
Key Experiences preferred:
The candidate of choice should bring 5+ years of hands-on experience of:
* Proven track record delivering complex and international projects in Systems Delivery
* Significant experience (5+ years) working in complex, multi-discipline engineering projects including phases
of design, procurement, construction, commissioning. Ideally within the rail industry.
* Significant experience (5+ years) in testing in Lab and Site at System integration level
* A degree in engineering or equivalent.
* Knowledge of V&V activities in compliance with CENELEC Stardard (50126/128/129).
* Highly motivated, with excellent leadership, organizational, communication and people skills.
* Agile mindset, able to take prompt decisions in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to work and lead in a multicultural environment.
* Experience in the following areas of System Engineering: Requirements management, scheduling,
planning,System architecture and testing
Key qualifications preferred:
* Degree in Engineering or Computer Science with background in Systems Engineering.
* 5 + years experience in a System Engineering or T&C role, and this having this experience in rail, systems and
signalling is highly desirable;
* Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse cultural organization with multiple key stakeholders displaying
highly polished interpersonal and communication skills;
* Experience in effective resource management and working with a large multi-cultural team;
* Strong working relationships with technology providers;
* Experience in real-time system engineering; testing and integration activities, software verification and
validation best practices and safety critical techniques.
* Estimating and negotiations.