Our client is a leading manufacturer of light rail vehicles in the U.S. The company's mission is to supply high quality rolling stock to transit agencies on time and under budget. Our vehicles can be seen successfully transporting commuters in major cities across the U.S. including LA, Seattle, Phoenix, Santa Clara, Dallas, Jersey City and Boston.
They currently have a contract to perform midlife overhauls on the P2250 fleet of light rail vehicles running along the Gold Line. The 50 LRVs were manufactured by AnsaldoBreda from 2008 through 2012. The scope of work for the overhaul program includes the following systems and safety components: vehicle door systems, propulsion system controllers, friction brake system controllers, trucks, automatic train control (ATC)/automatic train operation (ATO) system controllers, heating and air conditioning (HVAC) system, and communication system controllers.The work will be performed at facility in Palmdale, California and is estimated to take four and a half years. The Palmdale facility is also completing work on Metro's order for 235 P3010 LRVs, the first 21 of which entered Gold Line revenue service on March 5, 2016.
They are looking for a Senior. Systems Engineer to lead the Engineering process of producing railway vehicles and parts.
1. Perform a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer‐assisted design (CAD) or other software and equipment.
2. Perform basic testing, determine causes of test failures, and record testing documentation.
3. Assist in designing testing/troubleshooting procedures.
4. Confer with customers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
5. Guide vendors in line with requirements described in technical specifications and discuss changes with customers.
6. Ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, supporting or testing activities.
7. Prepare specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
8. Analyze change orders and design changes during the course of customer reviews and determine project feasibility.
9. Responsible for creating and updating schedules for documents and technical problem solving.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required.
* Practical knowledge in both electrical, mechanical & SW engineering.
* Extensive knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn KI rail vehicle and its operation, test, and maintenance.
* Experience in design engineering/development of power converters for railway systems such as propulsion and braking systems and auxiliary power supply preferred.
* Practical experiences in using the federal regulations and other official standards (e.g., AAR, APTA, IEEE, ASME, EN, MIL, etc.) for the U.S. rail market a plus.
* Proactive problem solver on both technical and non‐technical issues.