Our client is a leading manufacturer of light rail vehicles in the U.S. The company"s mission is to supply high quality rolling stock to transit agencies on time and under budget. Our vehicles can be seen successfully transporting commuters in major cities across the U.S. including LA, Seattle, Phoenix, Santa Clara, Dallas, Jersey City and Boston.
They currently have a contract to perform midlife overhauls on the P2250 fleet of light rail vehicles running along the Gold Line. The 50 LRVs were manufactured by AnsaldoBreda from 2008 through 2012. The scope of work for the overhaul program includes the following systems and safety components: vehicle door systems, propulsion system controllers, friction brake system controllers, trucks, automatic train control (ATC)/automatic train operation (ATO) system controllers, heating and air conditioning (HVAC) system, and communication system controllers.The work will be performed at their facility in Palmdale, California and is estimated to take four and a half years. The Palmdale facility is also completing work on Metro"s order for 235 P3010 LRVs, the first 21 of which entered Gold Line revenue service on March 5, 2016.
They are looking for a Project Manager to assist in overseeing and directing the current program with LA Metro. Communicates directly with customer, KI sub-contractors, vendors, and internal departments regarding project cost, scheduling and daily operations. Liaison between KI and LA Metro, sub-contractors, and vendors, preparing project status reports and works to ensure all work adheres to contract specifications. A wide degree of sound judgment, creativity and latitude is expected.
* Work with Project Scheduler to update schedule including; assist in negotiating master project schedule and subcontractor schedules, CDRLs, testing, etc.
* Support project cost-to-complete estimates and quarterly project forecasts.
* Responsible for the review and submittal of documentation to both the customer and suppliers.
* Attend internal project review meetings, provides correspondence and open items status.
* Manage the documentation closeout of project action items.
* Develop presentation packages for submittal and meetings.
* Administrative support in coordinating meetings with customer and/or subcontractor meetings.
* Coordination of tests between Engineering, Quality and/or Commissioning Test Teams and the Customer.
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* 10+ years relevant transportation project management experience
* Knowledge of Primavera project management
* Superior organizational, communication and people skills