Our client is seeking a Control Systems Technical Lead to provide expert technical advice to the Control Systems Integration Programme and the wider Future Rail Programme.
The role supports programmes and projects to deliver high quality technical outcomes compliant with Engineering Principles and Standards to a wide range of stakeholders; that are in the best long-term interests of the company.
The Technical Lead works very closely with the project managers to guide and advise on all aspects of the technical side of the projects and ensures their projects remain consistent with Engineering strategies, practices, and requirements.
The Technical Lead has the following broad responsibilities:
* Collaborate with the Control Systems Team to revise relevant Standards and Task Instructions impacted by assigned projects in line with policies set by Professional Head Control Systems.
* Ensure industry best practice is implemented for Future Rail Systems projects. This will involve leading the development of new standards for the company's Control Systems environments in collaboration with the Control Systems and ICT teams.
* Providing expert railway control systems technical advice to assigned projects.
* Conduct first line technical reviews for project designs and deliverables.
* Undertake approvals of technical deliverables and documentation as delegated by the Professional Head Control Systems.
* Ensure Control Systems approval processes are observed for all project design deliverables and associated documentation including training and user manuals.
Education: Tertiary qualification in a relevant technical discipline. E.g. BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
* 10+ years technical experience in large-scale Information and Communications Technology (ICT) deployments, including data centres, data networking, cyber security, command and control systems and high availability applications
* Systems Engineering life cycle and approaches for the specification, design, integration and delivery of complex systems.
* Roles in large scale complex railway signalling and ICT projects.
* Performing formal technical reviews and approvals.
* Transitioned complex systems into BAU operational support and maintenance.
* Guiding organisations to develop and adopt technical best practices in a relevant discipline.