Our client is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Perth suburban rail network and are looking for a number of experienced signal technicians to join their team in Perth to ensures the safe, efficient and effective first line maintenance of signalling equipment, associated systems including critical power supplies and protected level crossing systems to a high degree of integrity. The role also organises work teams and provides on the job instruction and training to new recruits as and when required.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a stable career in Western Australia with a client who offers job stability where applicants can work close to home. You will not have to leave town for long stints to work on fly in fly out rosters. It"s a local Perth job where successful applicants can enjoy the local Perth attractions on their time off. Open to overseas applicants and our client will pay for relocation and arrange work visas.
As a Signal Technician you will
* Carry out preventative routine maintenance and fault rectification including symptom investigations on
signalling equipment, protected level crossings and associated systems and critical power supplies.
* Carry out first line maintenance on signalling equipment.
* Conduct appropriate testing and monitoring against procedures to ensure signalling equipment and
system safety, integrity and reliability is as required.
* Carry out technical tasks required for commissioning of new equipment, systems and technology.
* Participate in required training and maintains competency in equipment, systems, specialist tools and
* Provide technical information that is needed by managers to develop budgets, maintenance work
programs and costing of repair work.
* Provide relevant supervision, technical guidance and assistance to other staff and contractors if and when required.
* Organise and manage work teams and other resources including contract work.
* Extensive knowledge, competency and practical experience in maintenance and fault finding on power
signalling systems, protected level crossings and associated equipment.
* Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in fault rectification and field maintenance on Point
Operating Equipment, Signalling Interlocking and Remote Control, Wayside Signalling Equipment inc.
Automatic Train Protection
* Ability to competently use appropriate hand and power tools, specialist tools and relevant test
* Ability to perform general and electrical calculations, and to read and interpret technical drawings and
* Possession of a current Western Australian "A" grade Electrical Workers Licence endorsed "Electrical
Mechanic" and/or "Electrical Fitter" or equivalent.
* Possession of a current Western Australian "C" class driver"s licence or equivalent.
* Demonstrated ability to analyse and rectify faults on complex electrical systems.
Communication and Interpersonal
* Sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Conceptual, Analytical and Problem Solving
* Demonstrated proficiency to download and analyse data from data loggers and submit reports based on such analysis.
* Proficient in using relevant software programs and computer equipment, including laptop and keyboard.