Our client is responsible for the Design & Construction Project for all E&M System (Rolling Stock, Signaling, Telecommunication, Power Supply, OCS, Track work, PSD, AFC, Depot & Workshop Equipment, F-SCADA, Signage & Graphics) for New MRT Line-1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
They are looking for a Maintenance Manager to assist with activities on the Ho Chi Minh City Urban Railway project to be responsible for:
* Updating the current Maintenance plan to take account of changes in design and maintenance requirements of the current installed or designed equipment since the tender.
* Working with and assisting Sub Systems teams develop, publish and gaining the clients approval for the O&M manuals.
* Assisting the Subsystem teams and Training Manager create training manuals and Documents based on the O&M manuals to support the client and contract requirements.
* Assisting subsystem managers identify and gain the clients approval of Spare parts and consumables lists and plans identifying the requirements for T&C, DLP and 5 years maintenance contract.
* Assisting the subsystems identify any maintenance requirements and support needs during T&C and project phases up to handover.
* Supporting the re negotiation of the 5 year maintenance contract as required.
* Assisting the MMS manager as necessary to ensure the Asset management/MMS System contains all the asset data and is ready for handover to the client.
* Identify the Maintenance resources necessary to transition from building the urban railway to operating the urban railway in line with the Maintenance plan and Training plans
* Ensure the correct and accurate records of maintenance are kept from the time of installation until hand over and into the 5 year maintenance contract.
* Assist in the recruitment of O&M Company Staff. ie Maintenance Team Leaders, Support Engineers Lead Technicians, Maintenance Technicians, Wheel Lathe Team Leader and Servicing Team Leaders
* Min 10 year Experience of leading Railway maintenance team on a shift bases comprising of modern rolling stock, track and railway asset including a maintenance depot repair work shop.
* Previous experience of written or update a maintenance plan for a Modern railways to take account of local staffing experience and training.
* Highly experienced in undertaking preventative and corrective rolling stock and railway asset maintenance on a modern urban railway.
* Outstanding Safety Awareness gained in an operational railway engineering environment NEBOSH or IOSH trained.
* Management of large diverse technical teams who will be working on a shift bases 24/7.
* Experience in developing and mentoring staff to gain experience and knowledge of modern maintenance processes and practices.
* Rolling stock test, approvals and commissioning experience preferably gain from a previous modern rolling stock fleet introduction.
* Extensive preventative and corrective railway asset maintenance experience. To include modern fault finding and repair techniques using pc based laptops and remote train diagnostics.
* Knowledge of Maintenance and Specified area protection processes.
* Manual Handling, COSHH certificates
* Experience of direct and indirect assessment of staff on the shop floor.
* Experience of running a maintenance workshop stores and spare parts area.
Competent with calibrated tools and Black store to be returned to manufactures for external repair.
* Experience in the use of modern maintenance management systems (MMS), Preferably IBM Maximo
* Hands on , mature and experience workforce management skills with experience of managing a large team of engineers on shift work.
* Mechanical / Electrical Degree, or equivalent with time served hands on in Railway or other work shop environments such as am maintenance technician or engineering apprenticeship or equivalent proven railway experience.
* Certified Trainer/ Competence assessor