Our client is seeking a System Assurance Consultant to work in Australia, ideally based in Melbourne.
This international client is seeking someone to be based in Australia (East Coast and who can support the South East Asia region, covering Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and other new markets.
Working as a System Assurance Consultant, this person will meet and develop relationships with client project and programme managers and, in many cases, act as the client's main point of contact for project delivery.
* Deliver safety engineering for a wide range of signaling and infrastructure projects to ensure compliance with relevant standards.
* Reporting to the Principal Consultant, manage the system assurance framework to achieve the Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety(RAMS) objectives.
* Manage risk assessments for specific discipline areas, being able to self-sufficiently plan, run and write up risk workshops.
* Support business development and write proposals. In doing so, identify potential risks, devise method statements, specify clear acceptance criteria, and generate resource and cost estimates.
* Manage and deliver smaller projects, working with clients to understand their objectives and desired outcomes for each project and taking direction from the Project Director when required.
* In doing so, ensure that the scope of work and time budgets are clear, monitored, and managed and that risks to delivering to quality, on time, and within budget against acceptance criteria are anticipated and managed.
* For larger projects, take ownership of specific work packages and, as part of a team, deliver these to quality, time and budget.
* Ensure overall client satisfaction targets are met throughout the project lifecycle.
* Liaise with clients, project stakeholders and other industry participants.
* 5 to 10 years practical experience as a Systems Assurance Consultant or similar related discipline within Rail
* Degree or equivalent technical qualification, with experience in a relevant engineering discipline.
* Preferably possess a railway signaling or relevant background, experience in auditing/assessing is preferred
* Capability with tools and techniques such as FMECA, FTA-ETA would be beneficial.
* Has good subject knowledge and awareness and capabilities in specific areas of a certain topic. Possess significant practical design/application experience and am able to work independently on projects with little or even without a guide.
* Systems Assurance engineering experience - ability to decompose a system context from project documentation, read and understand standards and understand key elements/interfaces.
* Ability to work in a consultancy environment including the need for flexibility and client satisfaction. This includes understanding client needs and issues, developing requirements and solutions, managing client expectations, and delivering high-quality outputs.
* The candidate should possess at least one of the following topics/subsystems/equipment:
- Train Control and Protection Systems for traditional or high-speed line railway, for example, ETCS or CTCS, including Trackside - RBC, TCC, LEU, Balise, etc., and Trainborne - EVC, SDU, BTM, STM, etc.
- Train Control and Protection Systems for metro line, for example, CBTC, including Trackside - ZC, DSU, LEU, Balise, etc., and Trainborne - EVC, SDU, BTM, etc.
- Interlocking and Train / Vehicle Detection, including Computer Based Interlocking, Track circuits, Axle counters, etc.
- Signalling Safety Platform, Track circuits, Axle counters, etc.