Our client is a leading manufacturer of light rail vehicles in the U.S. The company"s mission is to supply high quality rolling stock to transit agencies on time and under budget. Their vehicles can be seen successfully transporting commuters in major cities across the U.S. including LA, Seattle, Phoenix, Santa Clara, Dallas, Jersey City and Boston.
They currently have a contract to perform midlife overhauls on the P2250 fleet of light rail vehicles running along the Gold Line. The 50 LRVs were manufactured by AnsaldoBreda from 2008 through 2012. The scope of work for the overhaul program includes the following systems and safety components: vehicle door systems, propulsion system controllers, friction brake system controllers, trucks, automatic train control (ATC)/automatic train operation (ATO) system controllers, heating and air conditioning (HVAC) system, and communication system controllers.The work will be performed at Kinkisharyo"s facility in Palmdale, California and is estimated to take four and a half years. The Palmdale facility is also completing work on Metro"s order for 235 P3010 LRVs, the first 21 of which entered Gold Line revenue service on March 5, 2016.
They are looking for a Systems and Electrical Engineer who will report to the Engineering Manager and will make recommendations for systems & integration, process improvements and assist in supporting integration and troubleshooting of issues that affect vehicle critical systems and sub-systems interface and integration.
You will work directly with various vendors department leaders to assist with defining key project milestones and development tasks, tracking progress of staff on the projects and coming up with workarounds and solutions.
* Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this moment.
* Experiences on Rolling stock design and engineering more than 5 years
* Practical knowledge in both electrical, mechanical & SW engineering
Practical knowledge in communication network systems such as LON Works, TCN (MVB and WTB), Ethernet network systems etc.
* Practical knowledge in reading schematic (circuit) diagrams and understanding vehicle control systems and trainline functions
* Proactive problem solver on any issue, both technical and non-technical
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent schedule management and task management skills
* A team player with a strong determination to complete projects which may span several years
* Able to travel for business to various domestic and international destinations
* Be available outside of the normal business hours when required
* Practical experiences in using the federal regulations and other official standards (e.g. AAR, APTA, IEEE, ASME, EN, MIL, etc.) for the U.S. rail market a plus
* Bachelor"s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or other related engineering or science fields; Master"s degree a plus