Our client is a leading manufacturer of light rail vehicles in the U.S. The company"s mission is to supply high quality rolling stock to transit agencies on time and under budget. Our vehicles can be seen successfully transporting commuters in major cities across the U.S. including LA, Seattle, Phoenix, Santa Clara, Dallas, Jersey City and Boston.
They currently have a contract to perform midlife overhauls on the P2250 fleet of light rail vehicles running along the Gold Line. The 50 LRVs were manufactured by AnsaldoBreda from 2008 through 2012. The scope of work for the overhaul program includes the following systems and safety components: vehicle door systems, propulsion system controllers, friction brake system controllers, trucks, automatic train control (ATC)/automatic train operation (ATO) system controllers, heating and air conditioning (HVAC) system, and communication system controllers.The work will be performed at Kinkisharyo"s facility in Palmdale, California and is estimated to take four and a half years. The Palmdale facility is also completing work on Metro"s order for 235 P3010 LRVs, the first 21 of which entered Gold Line revenue service on March 5, 2016.
They are looking for a talented and motivated Engineering Manager to lead the engineering team in subsystem integration, vehicle control design, vehicle network design, communications design, and technical program management. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
* Managing the engineering team, including overseeing scheduling and project management
* Attending meetings with customers and suppliers as the key representative of the engineering team
* Leading the team to solve complex problems through thought leadership and robust analyses
* Setting realistic goals for the team, prioritizing issues, monitoring progress and ensuring goals are met
* Designing/developing/deploying the vehicle electrical system including embedded hardware and software, circuits, wiring and associated mechanical interfaces
* Designing/developing/deploying the vehicle communication system and CCTV system
* Performance testing and troubleshooting LRV electrical and mechanical systems and documenting results
Location of Employment: El Segundo, CA
Anticipated Travel Requirements: Predominantly locally within LA area (incl. Palmdale, CA) with occasional trips domestically and internationally
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* 10+ years of experience in electrical, mechanical and systems engineering for rolling stock industries.
* 5+ years of experience leading an engineering team
* Experience with communication protocols such as RS232, RS485, Ethernet & Internet protocols
* Extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software
* Ability to read hardware schematics
* Ability to troubleshoot using Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, etc.
* Solid experience with version control
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor"s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or