Our client is a multi-disciplinary firm of consulting engineers which commenced practice in the 1980"s.and is a leading consultant in all disciplines with extensive experience in engineering and management activities in Malaysia
They have been appointed as Independent Checking Engineer for the ECRL project and are looking for an experienced rail alignment engineer to work from their Malaysian office answering to the Technical Director.
Responsibilities and Authorities:
* Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate track 2D and 3D alignment design, infringement check for rail projects.
* Carry out concept, preliminary, detailed design of alignment (vertical and horizontal) and/or review of the design of engineers and drafting work of drafters.
* Prepare geometric details of track alignment including horizontal and vertical curve details and cant parameters.
* Locate pier positions along the alignment in discussion with Viaduct team
* Perform the relevant supporting calculations and design details for conformance to codes and standards.
* Provide technical support and respond to site queries related to alignment during construction
* Manages quality control reviews for track alignment design within the project corridor.
* To adhere to Company Quality and Environmental Management System, Policy and Procedures.
Skills and Job Requirements:
* Bachelor"s Degree in Civil Engineering.
* Ideally 8 years" experience in leading and developing track alignment design
* MRT, LRT, High Speed, Metro, Monorail alignment design and 3D modelling experience required.
* Conversant in software such as Bentley Open Rail, Power Rail Track and AutoCAD
* Experience in U Girder Alignment design will be added advantage