Programming / Scheduling
Our client has a contract to maintain the Doha Metro System-Phase I. The scope includes rolling stock, power, signaling, communications, automatic fare collection, platform edge doors, tunnel ventilation and other systems necessary to ensure the proper operation of the Doha Metro system.
They are looking for a Controls Manager. The Controls Manager, reports directly to the Maintenance Director, bears the responsibility of the provisions of safe, effective and efficient engineering support services to support the operation of Doha Metro. His / her main responsibilities include:
The Controls Manager will lead the function of the Planning & control programme, monitoring for accuracy and consistency of plans, cost, safety, environment and performance reporting, and deploying available controls team resources to best effect.
* Provide a realistic baseline and embed effective controls to monitor progress, advise on risk & opportunity by managing issues and mitigating slippage to drive delivery to enable successful project control outcomes.
* Evaluate and ensure that proper controls over the resources, spare parts for (PM/CM) activities are allocated & planned to optimize the schedule and project performance
* Monitor the data inputs by Subsystem teams and others to cost and performance systems meet required data standards.
* Maintenance Management of MMS.
* Lead the Planning, Fault Management and Warehouse section and ensure proper delivery of their duties.
* On- Call is required.
Budget and Expenditure
* Monitor and manage the costs of the service to ensure the service is provided within the budget
Critical Maintenance Activities
* Monitor and ensure all the critical maintenance activities provided by the SM Organization are performed according to the QA Policy and System
Technical & Professional Knowledge and Skills
* Holder of Degree or equivalent in Engineering
* Registered qualified engineer or equivalent preferred
* Over 15 years of experience in the provision of engineering support service in maintenance projects and project management.
Other skills and conditions
* Communication skills
* Proactive and positive attitude
* Excellent management skills