Our client is seeking a Director Network Planning to be responsible for the management and coordination of the client's selected packages and their design interface, by supervising and monitoring the implementation of the packages' engineering activities and ensuring integration with other packages, in accordance with approved plans and the client's organizational objectives
- Responsible for the management of the design for selected packages and maintaining oversight in areas relevant to railway civil disciplines and pertinent to the design and construction of the railway networks, in accordance with the client's technical requirements and established safety and quality standards and protocols
- Accountable for the management and coordination of selected packages design development (i.e. conceptual design, preliminary design, final design) and for ensuring that design approvals are not impeding the timely completion and delivery of projects and milestones achievement
- Responsible for managing the PMC staff and monitoring the design review performance in addition to the designs progress submitted by contractors, in order to ensure consistency and alignment across the board, in line with the client's expectations
- Ensure the development of an integrated design addressing both the civil and structural works and interfaces with systems in order to enable the production of a fully functional network while resolving any design incompatibilities, where deemed necessary
Suitable candidates need to have an understanding of:
- Rail Operation and commercial freight facilities implemented and operated to achieve required operation and commercial service delivery requirements.
- Working with Marketing/Commercial group, to lead the operations development of service delivery plan operational system requirements and the development of critical service e delivery KPI's for each train operations and freight facility operation.
- To analyze each train and freight facility/material handling operation to optimize use of CAPEX/OPEX to support the Marketing/commercial team in the development of commercial business cases.
- Working experience in general management, train operations, freight facility operation, asset management, contract management and the development of business cases with railway customers is critical to this position.
Mandatory: Bachelors' degree in relevant field
Preferable: Post graduate degree
- Professional railway certifications or/and affiliations
- Project Management certification
- A minimum of 5- 8 years of relevant experience