Our client is bidding for work on the North South railway in the Philippines and is looking for a Project Manager to be based in Manila to lead the Project ensuring the project is delivered to time, to the quality specified and to budget.The works involve the construction of elevated structures, 7 stations and a depot
Looking at 79 man months staring in the first half of 2022.
- Accountable for delivering the Projects to time, cost and quality
- Provision of professional, first class, consistent and effective Project Leadership to Project Teams including local partner and subcontractors.
- Act as principal contact and ensure regular and effective communication with client/client"s consultant
- Establish and execute Project Management process and procedures on Project
- Ensure that Project fully complies with requirement in the contract.
- Accountability for all commercial and financial matters on all your projects; regularly reviewing and ensuring invoices are raised in accordance with the contract
- Work closely with your Project Teams including local partner and subcontractors to ensure client requirements are properly interpreted and reflected in the deliverables
- Resolve issues/disputes with Project stakes holders including, but not limited to, client/client"s consultant, local partner and subcontractors.
- Ensure regular and effective communication with clients and project teams
- Exhibit a proactive world class safety culture on Project ensuring that all staff follow safe systems of work procedures
- Take necessary actions required in Project including, but not limited to, invoicing, and correction of payment from client
Specific skills & Knowledge:
- Must be degree qualified and educated to Engineering Master"s level preferred
- Minimum 20 years total experience work
- Minimum 10 years for railway E&M systems works
- Minimum 2 projects as PM or Deputy PM or similar position on railway E&M systems works
- Fluency in English
- Experiences for FIDIC Yellow Book 1999 Edition and/ or equivalent design build contract
- A deep understanding of the application of contracts an excellent commercial acumen
- A track record of collaborative team working and evidence of where you have led others and provided an environment for the team to deliver
- Evidenced managerial capabilities and experience in dealing with a diverse range of people
- Bringing teams together collaborating/coordinating
- Strong Microsoft skill including WORD, EXCEL and Power Point
- Strong skill of project management soft such as Primavera, TILOS, MS Project etc.
Qualifications / Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skilss
- Proven Problem solver
- Able to chair and influence a progress meeting to understand project progress and better commercial outcome and successful project delivery
- Is able to form excellent collaboration relationships
- Has a 'can do' attitude to work, flexible and agile
- Has drive and enthusiasm whilst being open, honest, flexible and seek support when required
- Proactively and collaboratively interacts with stakes holders