Our client is seeking a Project Procurement Expert to be responsible for executing end-to-end procurement processes and ensuring all procurement activities for Rolling Stock and Equipment, are effectively managed in order to ensure supply requirements from products and services are attended to in a timely manner and in line with quality standards in line with established procurement standards and protocols.
- Execute end-to-end procurement processes, including data collection, documentation, negotiation, contract award, contract management and supplier relationship management.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking stock levels and accountable for forecasting demand based on the Rolling Stock and Equipment"s requirements, scope of work and delivery timeline, in line with internally established procurement policies and procedures
- Responsible for adjusting payment terms in favour of the clientl to improve the organization"s cash flow and ensuring delivery schedules are maintained in order to sustain the Rolling Stock and Equipment continuity and reduce potential work disruptions
- Participate in development of procurement plans by compiling all rolling stock and equipment needs and requirements from products and services and forecasting demand, in order to more effectively meet the business needs and requirements and continuously ensure stock levels are sustained
- Assist in defining channels for dispute escalation with vendors and establishing a clear dispute resolution process between the vendor and the Procurement Department or Requesting Department
- Review all olling Stock and Equipment contracts providing guidance with issues related to scope of work, packaging strategy, timeline, bill of quantities, terms and conditions and ensure they are created in accordance with Etihad Rail"s procurement policies and procedures
- Bachelors' degree in engineering or relevant field
- Preferable: Post graduate degree
- Project management certification
- CIPS or NCMA certification
Experience: A minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience as a project lead
- Relevant experience in Tender Preparation, issue of Bulletins/clarifications, Unpriced Technical Evaluation and Commercial Evaluation.
- Lead the Tendering Process in accordance to the bid evaluation plan
- Broad understanding of end-to-end procurement including, but not limited to: market research, supplier fragility, negotiation, business continuity planning, subcontractor risk management, procurement strategy
- Degree level qualification in Procurement/Supply chain/ Engineering or equivalent- preferred
- Project management certification- preferred
- Membership or working towards Membership CIPS or NCMA certification- preferred
- 7-10 years' relevant work experience railway, logistics, energy sector-preferred