Our client is seeking a Senior Engineer (Rail Systems Engineering and Assurance) to be based in Singapore.
This position is open to local candidates only.
Reporting to the Singapore Rail Systems Leader, this position's primary focus points are:
* Work at senior engineer level on railway systems engineering and assurance projects.
* Manage and lead the production of drawings, plans, reports and other deliverables.
* Manage projects including technical delivery and financial performance.
* Assist Business Development and Sales activities
* Interface with Clients, Team and other stakeholders during project delivery and other activities
* Manage and/or mentor team members of the company's rail systems team in Singapore.
* You will be expected to work under minimal supervision within a defined area of responsibility on design, engineering or consultancy activities.
* You will be responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of own and others work. Furthermore, you may be responsible for the development of others through providing guidance, training and feedback.
* Your work will encompass authoring non-standard letters, reports and other documentation.
* You will be responsible for representing your team or group at external meetings, coordinating work on the design project.
* Relevant Degree in Engineering
* Around 10 years of experience in Rail Systems engineering projects
* Proficiency in RAMS and Systems Assurance, including a clear track record of projects delivered against the EN5012x family of standards.
* Domain expertise in asset management, signalling or rolling stock engineering preferred.
* Experience as project manager
* Experience working in Singapore, South East Asia or East Asia.
* Experience working for system suppliers or engineering firms
* Capability / experience working as Independent Safety Assessor
* Human Factors or EMC experience
* O&M Experience
* Able to demonstrate strong engineering skills and knowledge
* Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
* Able to quickly develop successful client relationships
* Able to work independently with minimum supervision
* Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines is essential
* Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
* Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
* Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
* Supporting the firm"s compliance in maintaining ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 requirement.
* Other relevant duties as required.