Health & Safety
Our client is looking for a Health and Safety Manager to work on the East Coast Rail Link who is well versed in the process of developing, deploying, and implementing Health, Safety and Environmental policies standards. to:
* Coordinate with Section HSE Head on implementation and compliance pertaining to HSE for the ECRL Project.
* Be the Custodian of the OH&S Management System and Environmental Management System for ECRL Project.
* Ensure an appropriate organizational infrastructure is established and sufficient resources are available to comply with the Company's HSE management system and standards.
* Liaise with the Head of Project Management regarding Integrated Management System compliance and external audits.
* Be responsible for the day-to-day management of HSE tasks and effectiveness of the ECRL IMS system.
* Manage and monitor the closure of all identified corrective and preventive measures associated with non-conformance reports arising from OH&S and Environmental Management system audits.
* Develop strategies for HSE management.
* Review and approve the Work Execution Plan of the HSE Department.
* Provides leadership and administration of the overall HSE program.
* Support leadership in resolving and closing out corrective and preventive. actions for continual improvement of HSE compliance and performance.
* Interface with the Client and Enforcing Authorities regarding Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
* Advise in any incident investigations and manage the ECRL incident notification, investigation, and reporting requirements.
* Evaluate the technical performance of all HSE staff.
* Attend Client Monthly Progress meetings, Monthly CCC Management meetings, Head of Construction Integration meetings, etc.
If possible, the person is to be based in Kuantan because the work site is on the east coast, and therefore it is easier for the person to travel to Kelantan, Terengganu & Pahang.. However, most of the time, the person is required to travel between HQ & Kuantan.
- The person should have more than 25 years of experience in construction preferably those in railway, road & bridge.
- Proficient knowledge of OSHA 1994, FMA 1967 and EQA 1974 regulations and requirements
- Priority will be given to those who can communicate in Mandarin, else other candidates will be considered.