Our client is looking for a Malaysian candidate to ensure the Signalling and Train Control System (S&TCS) and Intrusion Preventive System (IPS) meet the contract requirements, safety, time and cost criteria by assisting the Signalling Manager to carry out the detailed engineering works for Signalling and Train Control System (S&TCS) and Intrusion Preventive System (IPS) including the review of design and installation submissions, test & commissioning plans and procedures, attend and witness site testing, site supervision and inspection, day-to-day contracts administration, maintaining site records, liaising with various relevant parties to review and monitor work progress, as well as supporting the system assurance and various internal / external audits .
Key Duties Include but not Limited to:
- Ensure effective leadership to achieve the project objectives;
- Managing the design and implementation of the S&TCS and IPS, as well as delivering the system in compliance with the Employer"s Requirement on time and within budget;
- Review the tender documents and assess technical tender submissions;
- Managing and review Consultant"s and Sub-Contractor"s technical submission and resolve technical issues;
- Monitor project progress and ensure timely delivery of key dates/milestones at different stages of the project;
- Assure the effectiveness of project risk and contingency management strategies;
- Ensure all required processes are executed and formal records are kept for the Project Safety Assurance purposes;
- Ensure the approved design is incorporated in documents and drawings properly;
- Ensure all the authority approvals and certificates are secured;
- Ensure submissions and approvals are achieved in accordance with the Project"s Master Programme;
- Managing and lead the test & commissioning activities and review the test reports;
- Coordinate closely with the Client, Consultants and Sub-Contractors to ensure all contract requirements are met to Clients" expectation;
- Coordinate with interface parties to resolve interface issues in relation to the S&TCS and IPS;
- Support in project governance (audits, phase reviews & other reviews) requirements in accordance with MRCBGK"s policies and procedures;
- Travel to overseas will be required;
- Undertake all other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the management;
- Mentor junior engineers
You should be a corporate member of the Institution of Railway Signal Engineers or the Board Of Engineers Malaysia or equivalent, and have a recognised degree in electrical, electronic or software engineering with at least 5 years" relevant experience in managing the design, installation, testing & commissioning, and system assurance of S&TCS (or its subsystems) and IPS systems for large-scale railway projects in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Strong leadership, effective communication and people management skills are essential. You should also be self-motivated and possess good interpersonal skill, communication skill, negotiation skill, logical thinking with multi-disciplinary engineering concept and the ability to work independently.