Automatic Fare Collection
Our client is a global technology leader for the Aerospace, Transport, Defence and Security markets. With 64,000 employees in 56 countries. Committed to the long-term development in Hong Kong, Thales enjoys a presence since 1997 and 350 staff, including 300 in transportation systems and 50 in information technology security. A large proportion of them are specialized engineers, which reflects the high level of competences required to deliver against complex multidisciplinary projects. This concentration of capability, products, and services means effective solutions can be delivered to our customers in Hong Kong, Mainland China and throughout the region.
They are looking for a Sales Manager, SEA (Revenue Collection System) who understands the railway industry to take care of the South Asia market for them.The sales team (of 3 people) are based in Hong Kong reporting to the CEO. Ideally they would like to have the person to work in the same office, but considering that the market is niche, that person could be also based in Singapore or Taiwan. Mandarin speaking is required as he or she will cover Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Taiwan.
* Support business development activities in Asia Pacific, with a particular focus in ASEAN.
* Generate a strong pipeline of opportunities in the Railway System market such as Revenue Collection/Ticketing
* Provide strong qualification of which opportunities should be followed through to execution
* For identified opportunities, formulate and implement capture strategies to ensure the opportunity is successfully secure
* Act as the interface between the client, partners and Thales.
* Drive the development of partnership strategies in related countries
* Update on a regular basis the status of ongoing opportunities into a CRM tool for internal communication and information sharing
* Support marketing activities by organizing and participating trade shows, seminar & conferences if required
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuous sharing and regular communication with Product Line Managers of Business Line
* Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Engineering disciplines
* 8+ years of sales and business development experience in the Engineering or Technology industry, with a demonstrated track record and examples of business development achievements.
* Experience within the APAC will be an advantage
* Demonstrable track records of successfully developing new customers and growing new markets
* Good understanding of the transportation/railway business in Hong Kong and APAC
* Proactive, self-motivated, responsible and a good team player with strong interpersonal skills
* Strong business acumen, good analytical, communication and presentation skill
* Able to work independently with tight schedule and willing to travel