Job Details


Project Managers


Project Director- Systems  Ahmedabad,   Posted: 12/14/2020
Job Description

Job ID#:

13160

Discipline:

Project Managers

Position Type:

Permanent

Language:

English


Ahmedabad is now in the process of implementing a Metro Rail within the City. Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase 1 comprises of two major corridors viz. North-South (N-S) Corridor and East- West (E-W) Corridor. The total length of the project corridor is 37.734 Kms, out of which 84% is elevated and remaining 16% is underground.

Our client has been appointed as a General Consultant for this project and is looking for a Project Director -Systems who will be responsible for overall co-ordination with Detail Design
Consultant, Construction Contractors, D&B Contractors, Government Personnel and consortium members.

The Project Director -Systems will
- take decisions and give directions to facilitate completion of project without time and cost over runs without sacrificing quality and safety. He will be responsible for administrative as well as technical control of the main team and its performance.
- be responsible for proper implementation of provisions in the Terms of Reference and relevant manuals,rules and regulations as per contract and execution of work by contractor in
accordance with specifications and time lines laid down in the contracts.
- set up reporting system from Contractors and Senior government team members to his office and further to the main execution person.Submit weekly/ monthly progress reports to the government agency.
- be responsible for implementation of Project Management Plan, develop project management procedures, planning required and project controls and will have overall control for testing and commissioning of different elements of the project.

He will broadly participate in the following major tasks
- Review & supplement the detailed project report/concept report and all design reports as available
- Assistance to the main client on the selection of Contractors/DOC and other services
- Assistance in preparation of preliminary design and tender for elevated portions/stations and service buildings
- Assistance in preparation of preliminary design and tender for underground portions / underground stations.
- Assistance in preparation of Tender Document for procurement of system, rolling stock and depot equipment
- Review & proof checking of the detailed design and construction design
- Assistance in supervision & monitoring
- Assistance in T&C
- Preparation of manuals
- Training to the personnel

24- 30 man months contract.

 
Job Requirements

 

- Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical and Masters Degree in Relevant Field
- 25 Years experience
- 7 years experience working as Project Director or Team Leader and must have worked as PD or Team leader on Similar rail metro projects




 

Already have an account? Log in here