Our client operates and maintains the Auckland rail network and is looking for a Senior Track Infrastructure Engineer to ensure the infrastructure of the Auckland Rail Network is maintained to a high level and provides the basis for the consistent delivery of the agreed network timetable by
- Preparing designs, reports, specifications, and other deliverables for rail schemes in accordance with relevant design standards to a high degree of technical excellence.
- Seeking innovation in the delivery of rail civil engineering schemes and the techniques used to deliver those schemes.
- Resolving technical engineering issues as they arise, liaising with relevant stakeholders to identify root cause issues, and ensuring optimal outcomes are delivered.
- Working closely with GM Safety and Compliance to develop strategies to improve network safety.
Experience and Qualifications
- Preference of at least 5 years" experience of working in a similar role in rail engineering projects.
- Understands how to manage and maintain a metro rail system.
- Chartered or eligible for chartered engineer status.
- Strong technical skills, knowledge of rail design standards and appreciation of the requirements of civil engineering in rail.
- Proven ability to work within and lead multi-functional teams as required.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work under pressure and take initiative.
- Demonstrable skills in working in a client facing manner with ability to deliver against short, medium, and longer-term goals.
- Proven, high level stakeholder management and negotiation skills, within a complex environment.
- Demonstrated commercial experience in contract management preferred.
- Ideally a a Knowledge of the Auckland Suburban Rail Network or the passenger rail industry
- Knowledge of business and operational strategies and practices applicable to all stakeholders in Auckland Rail Network.