Our Client has a contract to build and operate the Honolulu Rail Transit Project in Honolul, the first fully automated driver less transit system of the United States.
They are looking for a Rolling Stock Engineer to:
* To review and approve all Rolling Stock and Depot Maintenance Equipment Maintenance documentation received from the OEM suppliers; including Passenger Vehicles, OTE, train wash, wheel lathes, maintenance vehicles, lifting jacks, and other maintenance/inspection facilities
* To review and approve all Rolling Stock and Depot maintenance manuals and instructions
* To ensure that all modifications approved by the original design authority are reviewed by competent engineers and records of the changes stored in the MMIS database
* To review complex faults in the Rolling Stock and Depot equipment and to support or obtain expert support to rectify faults / defects
* The Annual Asset Management Report for Rolling Stock and Depot Maintenance Equipment assets noting future CARP and potential areas of obsolescence
* Works closely with Rolling Stock and Depot Maintenance Section to ensure maintenance procedures and instructions are kept up to date and are being followed by maintenance staff
* Assists in developing, planning and implementing the department's overhaul and rehabilitation and replacement program.
* Conducts special studies and investigations and acts as a trouble shooter or special projects officer as directed
* Serves as the Expert and Engineer responsible for acceptance of new Rolling Stock and Depot Maintenance Equipment.
* Management of the accuracy of data and content in the MMIS system
* Part of the Incident / Accident Investigation team
The first phase of the project, linking East Kapolei on the Ewa Plain and Aloha Stadium, is scheduled to open in early 2021. Its second phase continuing the line across urban Honolulu to Ala Moana Center is due to open in December 2025.
The project constructs an almost entirely elevated rapid transit line from the eastern edge of Kapolei, near the University of Hawaii-West Oahu campus, to Ala Moana Center (East of Honolulu downtown). The line passes through communities along southern Oahu, via Honolulu International Airport and downtown Honolulu. It will have twenty-one stations and run from Kapolei to Honolulu, passing through Waipahu, Pearl City, Waimalu, Aiea, and Halawa
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
* BA/BS in Electrical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education and experience
* Detailed technical knowledge of Rolling Stock and Depot Maintenance Equipment
* Knowledge of other railway systems that interface with the equipment i.e. signalling, track, traction power
* Rolling Stock and Depot Maintenance Equipment maintenance processes including; preventative, corrective, overhaul and commissioning tests and putting back into service after overhauls.
* Minimum 10 years of experience in design and maintenance of Rolling Stock and Maintenance Depot Equipment.
* Ability to use and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturers' maintenance instructions, Operating Book of Rules, etc. and to comprehend the operations and maintenance of MSF (Maintenance Storage Facilities) and stations mechanical and electrical equipment systems.
BECAUSE OF COVID CLIENT CAN ONLY CONSIDER US OR CANADIAN CITIZENS.
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.