Our Client has a contract to build and operate the Honolulu Rail Transit Project in Honolulu, the first fully automated driverless transit system in the United States.
They are looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Signaling RAMS Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Honolulu, HI.
* Development of Safety Analysis Documentation of systems and products [Safety Plans, PHAs/O&SHAs/FTAs/FMECAs/SHAs/SSHAs/Hazard Logs/Safety Cases]
* Development of RAM Analysis Documentation of systems and products [RAM Plans, RAM Demonstration Plans, Preliminary RAM Analyses, Final RAM Analyses, Maintainability Assessments,
* Assisting in the development of RAMS projects schedules providing Project RAMS Managers with guidance as to the inputs required for RAMS tasks and expected durations for RAMS tasks.
* Providing guidance to the engineering teams on implementing safety and reliability into their application and product designs
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
* Five to Ten years RAMS experience.
* Experience in implementing the CENELEC Standards EN 50126, EN 50128, and EN 50129 as guidelines for RAM and Safety Assessment
* Familiar with MIL-STD-882 and the AREMA Standards for RAM & Safety Assessment
* Working knowledge of Item ToolKit or equivalent tools for RAM and Safety Assessment
* Self-driven and motivated and accountable for actions and efforts in regards to safety assessment
* Skilled in reading and interpreting electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
* Experienced with the terms MTBF, MTBSF, MTTR, Availability, MTBHE, SIL, Vital, and Mission Critical
* Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
* Proficient with the development of complex Safety Assurance techniques [PHAs, O&SHAs, FTAs, FMECAs, Hazard Logs, and Safety Cases] per the CENELEC Standards
* Proficient with the development of complex RAM techniques [RAM Demonstration, RAM Analysis (Block Diagrams and Fault Trees), Spare Parts Calculations] per the CENELEC Standards
* Proficient knowledge of railroad signaling concepts and a background in safety assessment of railroad applications and products
* Bachelor's Degree
BECAUSE OF COVID CLIENT CAN ONLY CONSIDER US OR CANADIAN CITIZENS.