Our Client has a contract to build and operate the Honolulu Rail Transit Project in Honolulu, the first fully automated driverless transit system in the United States.
They are looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Communications Lead Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Honolulu, HI.
* Plan, execute, monitor and control Design, configuration, test and commissioning activities for the telecommunication system according to the overall program schedule. Analyze technology environment
* Identify, analyze and manage requirements
* Identify and resolve interfaces internal and external to the Telecommunication System (e.g. Signaling, Rolling Stock, etc.)
* Architect and Integrate medium-complex telecommunications systems with particular attention to Networking technologies
* Prepare Conceptual, Preliminary, Detailed and Installation Design for each Telecom & Security technology
* Participate in products selection
* Create Bill of Materials and support Purchasing Department to order equipment in particular for the Wired and Wireless telecommunications networks
Required Skills & Experience
* Knowledge of principles, practices, methods, terminology and trends in communications engineering including the fields of radio frequency allocations, electromagnetic wave propagation, and radio frequency field strength measurements and tolerances.
* Knowledge of fiber optics, computers, digital communications processors, servers, programming, applications, software, and hardware related to radio communications.
* Exposure to Passenger Information Systems technologies.
* Extensive working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
* Extensive experience with network architecture design
* Working Knowledge of network design patterns, constraints and protocols (CCNP or equivalent certification required)
* Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
* Working knowledge of wireless communications in demanding scenarios
* Prior Experience with RAMS deliverable
* Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
* Excellent ability to use sophisticated test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and a spectrum analyzer.
* Working knowledge of Test and commissioning processes
* Skilled in handling electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
* Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
* Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information
Desired Skills & Experience
* Knowledge of telecommunications systems for the railway industry
* Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree
* From 5 to 10 years of Railway System Engineering expertise
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
BECAUSE OF COVID CLIENT CAN ONLY CONSIDER US OR CANADIAN CITIZENS.