Our client is seeking a Director HSEQ to assist with activities as part of a project in Saudi Arabia.
The Director Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) will be a member of the Backbone Infrastructure senior leadership team and will be responsible for developing HSEQ strategy and implementing this across the Backbone Infrastructure packages. The Director HSEQ will engage with Backbone Infrastructure employees and supply chain members (eg. Consultants, Contractors etc), to drive the agenda for Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental through the team. The Director HSEQ holds Technical Authority on behalf of Backbone Infrastructure for all forms of HSEQ. The Director HSEQ will interface with other internal sectors and departments to ensure positive and negative lessons learnt are well shared.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
* Keeping the Executive Director informed of HSEQ issues arising from the Backbone Infrastructure works or other works
* Liaising with the Executive Project Management (EPM) for HSEQ relating works.
* Interfacing with other sectors and agreeing on HSEQ technical interfaces
* Develop, implement, manage and review the HSEQ Management Plan in line with the Projects strategic goals and objectives.
* Develop and implement metrics and KPI's that will facilitate HSEQ best practice and support manufacturing excellence.
* Ensure full compliance with all regulatory HSE requirements and reporting obligations.
* Devise, develop and monitor effective HSEQ Risk Assessment management strategies and make recommendations on the implementation of these strategies.
* Promote an inclusive occupational health programme including employee training and workplace participation.
* Motivate and inspire colleagues across the whole Project to embrace a total HSEQ culture.
* Manage HSEQ audits for all processes.
* Using internal and external benchmarking establish performance expectations (HSEQ measures) for the Project to meet and/or exceed the client's expectations.
* Chartered MIOSH qualified of 10 years +
* Over 20 years of HSEQ experience within heavy civil engineering
* Ideally, over 5 years of project HSEQ experience gained in the Gulf Region.
* Ideally, experience with construction of railways including tunnels, viaducts, high bridges, earthworks etc
* At least 3 years senior executive experience earned with major companies or leading a major project team in relation to HSEQ
* Demonstrated track record of being a practitioner in HSEQ within building/construction.
* Experienced auditor.
* Experience leading and managing high performing individuals and teams.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals.
* Strong-reporting skills.