Our client is seeking a Project Bored Tunnels Lead Engineer to be responsible for the Bored Tunnels technical aspects of a project in Saudi Arabia.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
* The bored tunnels design deliverables for the Line/Spine.
* Ensuring feasibility and efficiency of tunnel construction methods.
* Works collaboratively to ensure a consistent approach to tunnel Fire & Life Safety and Tunnel Ventilation approach with the Cut & Cover Tunnels.
* The approval of design from concept to IFC.
* Managing the RFI process in timely schedule.
* Ensuring consultants are progressing design as per the schedule and have sufficient information ahead of requirement.
* Briefs the Line/Spine PD on design issues and progress, assists in preparation of design reports.
* Identifies critical design decisions ahead of schedule.
* Directs and oversees a team of consultants, designers and drafters in 2D & 3D design platforms.
* Ensures drawings and designs are completed on time and adhere to the established specifications and standards.
* Assist in the appointment of design consultants' scope of works, ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties.
* Monitors the bid or proposal process for design to ensure organizational goals are met.
* Degree or above in engineering
* 15 years + experience
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Knowledge and previous experience in KSA
* Technical experience in:
o Tunnelling methods
o TBM bored tunnelling
o Drill & Blast/mining
o Shafts design and construction
o Tunnel linings and structures
o Tunnel MEP (Tunnel Ventilation)
o Tunnel Fire & Life Safety
o Tunnel operations, safety case, escape provisions
o Utility tunnels
* Knowledgeable about principles of design, construction, engineering and building regulations.
* Organized, analytical with excellent problem-solving skills, proactive, good team player and able to meet tight deadlines.
* Experience in managing multiple design disciplines and projects.
* Ability to identify critical design decisions ahead of schedule.
* Experience in managing delivery of design, through a precontract schedule and construction phase, including design change process.
* Knowledge and experience in safety in design.
* Knowledge and experience in modularization and prefabrication design.