Our client is seeking a Design Manager Utilities to be responsible for the Utility technical aspects of a project in Saudi Arabia.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
* The Utilities deliverables for the Backbone, including transmission networks and containment structures.
* Interface management between supply and end-user (the client and external).
* Management of land use approvals.
* The approval of design from concept to IFC.
* Managing the RFI process in timely schedule.
* Ensuring consultants are progressing design as per the schedule and have sufficient information ahead of requirement.
* Briefs the Line/Backbone PD on design issues and progress, assists in preparation of design reports.
* Identifies critical design decisions ahead of schedule.
* Ensures drawings and designs are completed on time and adhere to specifications and standards.
* Assist in the appointment of design consultants" scope of works, ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties.
* Monitors the bid or proposal process for design to ensure organizational goals are met.
* Liaising with other teams including statutory approval design requirements.
* Making sure that design information is available to those who need it, when they need it.
* Maintaining thorough documentation of all processes.
* Assists in evaluation of Contractors Proposals, ensuring they are complete and unambiguous.
* Degree or above in engineering
* 15 years + experience
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Knowledge and previous experience in KSA
* Technical experience in:
o Utility networks including utility corridors, culverts, chambers, etc
o Power transmission
o Water transmission, including tanks, pumping stations, etc (pressurised/gravity)
o Wastewater/sludge lines (pressurised/gravity)
o ICT networks
* Knowledgeable about principles of design, construction, engineering and building regulations.
* Organized, analytical with excellent problem-solving skills, proactive, good team player and able to meet tight deadlines.
* Experience in managing multiple design disciplines and projects.
* Ability to identify critical design decisions ahead of schedule.
* Experience in managing delivery of design, through a precontract schedule and construction phase, including design change process.
* Knowledge and experience in safety in design.
* Knowledge and experience in modularization and prefabrication design.