Our client is seeking a Senior Manager Power and SCADA to support the Director Rail Systems in the management of the Railway Power and SCADA Systems elements of the Backbone designs undertaken by Backbone Engineering consultant and subsequent contractor design and delivery as part of a project in Saudi Arabia. You will also be responsible for providing technical oversight of activities relating to rail Power and SCADA. HV Power covers both High Voltage Distribution and Traction Power Distribution. This role provides technical oversight of activities relating to rail power and SCADA. The Senior Manager Power & SCADA reports to the Director Rail Systems.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
* Leadership of the Railway Power and SCADA function for multiple modes for HSR, Freight and Metro
* Oversee OCS Design, manufacture, installation, testing and commissioning
* Oversee provision of the 25kV Switchgear, Auto-transformers and associated equipment and the autotransformer site distributed along the route as needed
* Cover the system which distributes HV power from the main intake substations to the HV substations.
* Act as Railway Power and SCADA Discipline Lead within the Rail Sector by providing leadership and acting as a focal point for the Power and SCADA discipline. The post holder will provide discipline guidance and leadership to supply chain teams across the sector.
* Providing visible leadership and demonstrable commitment to Power and SCADA principles demonstrated by the processes put in place;
* Internally the Power and SCADA Discipline Lead will provide strong technical support for the discipline and to Rail in terms of developing relationships across rail disciplines. The Power and SCADA Discipline Lead will actively participate in project delivery and contribute to the internal integration of the discipline.
* Supporting the successful delivery of the project with multiple modes of rail operation and infrastructure requiring full Power and SCADA
* Bachelor of Civil / Systems Engineering, or equivalent qualification.
* Over 15 years of rail power & SCADA design / construction experience.
* Over 5 years of rail power & SCADA design / construction experience gained in the Gulf Region.
* Demonstrated track record of the delivery or supervision of complex and high-value rail infrastructure construction projects.
* Experience leading and managing high performing individuals and teams.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals.
* Strong-reporting skills. Supporting the achievement of Power and SCADA, design assurance and acceptance with agreement from stakeholders in a timely way.
* Management of multiple internal external interfaces
* Management of Power and SCADA between multiple contractors.