Our client is seeking a Senior Manager Telecommunications to support the Director Rail Systems in the management of the Railway Telecommunication Systems elements of the Backbone designs undertaken by Backbone Engineering Consultant and subsequent contractor design and delivery as part of a project. You will also be responsible for providing technical oversight of activities relating to rail Comms. The Senior Manager Comms reports to the Director Rail Systems.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
* Leadership of the Railway Comms function for multiple modes for HSR, Freight and Metro
* Oversee the provision of Operational Telecommunications to define the systems required for the safe operation of trains in terms of:
o Trackside communications
o Traction Power Control Circuits
o Signalling circuits
o Condition Monitoring
o On-train operational communications
* Includes Data Transmission Network (DTN), telephony system, tunnel radio system, telecoms masts, Global System for Mobile Communications - Railway (GSM-R) and line of route security.
* Oversee the provision of the Data Transmission network, a dedicated fibre network connecting all locations to facilitate all communications needs to allow support of all systems, with transmission through a common and secure network to support public/passenger comms sized to support stations retail and their possible oversite developments.
* Bachelor of Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent qualification.
* Over 15 years of rail telecommunications design & construction experience.
* Over 5 years of rail telecommunication design & construction experience gained in the Gulf Region.
* Demonstrated track record of the delivery or supervision of complex and high-value rail infrastructure construction projects.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals.
* Supporting the achievement of Comms, design assurance and acceptance with agreement from stakeholders in a timely way.
* Management of multiple internal external interfaces
* Management of Comms between multiple contractors.