Our client is seeking a Director Rail Systems to assist with activities on a project in Saudi Arabia.
It is the role of this client to be the system integrator, the design authority, the technical advisor and guardian of quality. System integration responsibility covers the management of functional requirements and ensure the proper flow down of such to each Contract"s Works Information. The Director of Rail Systems (DoRS) holds Technical Authority for all forms of Rail Systems. This DoRS role leads the management of the Railway Systems elements of the Backbone designs undertaken by Backbone Engineering Consultant and subsequent contractor design and delivery. The DoRS provides technical oversight of activities relating to rail systems engineering related disciplines. The DoRS reports to the Executive Director.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
* Leadership of the Rail Systems function. Establish and develop the teams and monitor his/her performance against objectives. The Director Rail Systems is responsible for the management of rail systems discipline Design Managers for Signalling, E&P, Telecoms and systems assurance.
* DoRS is responsible for ensuring rail systems and associated railway infrastructure are delivered and configured to deliver a rail systems performance which meets the railway service requirements mandated to the client for the Backbone and NIC transportation services including High Speed passenger rail, Group Mass Transit and Freight Services.
* Providing visible leadership and demonstrable commitment to system engineering principles demonstrating by the processes put in place;
* The Director Rail Systems will interface and assist other discipline managers in compilation of Design submissions, Requirements compliance matrices, programme updates, updates to Programme integrated design registers and in the assurance process execution.
* Keeping the Executive Director informed of technical issues arising from Rail Systems works.
* Bachelor of Civil / Systems Engineering, or equivalent qualification.
* Over 20 years of Rail Systems experience.
* Over 5 years of Rail Systems experience gained in the Gulf Region.
* At least 3 years senior executive experience earned with major companies or leading a major consultant"s site supervision projects function.
* Demonstrated track record of the delivery or supervision of complex and high-value rail systems projects.
* Demonstrated commercial acumen through business experience (either through ownership or P&L ownership as an executive). .
* Experience leading and managing high performing individuals and teams.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals.
* Strong-reporting skills.