Our Client has a contract to build and operate the Honolulu Rail Transit Project in Honolul, the first fully automated driver less transit system of the United States.
They are looking for a Systems and Signalling Integrator for their project in Honolulu to:
* Ensure the identification, the management and the traceability of Overall Signaling System Requirements for the entire life cycle of the project (Design and Testing)
* Ensure the apportionment of Overall Signaling System requirements to each of the subsystems which constitute the Signaling system.
* Ensure the Signaling System Design and ATC Gap Analysis from a define version to achieve proper Signaling System Functionalities and performances.
* Ensure the identification, management and resolution of all the interfaces between the Signaling Subsystem and the Other Subsystems (e.g. Rolling Stock, TLC) as well as the internal interfaces within the Signaling Subsystem.
* Ensure the definition of the Physical Architecture of the Signaling part and Integrate it within the Overall Physical Architecture of the overall System.
* Ensure that the Development of the Products complies with the Requirements and Interfaces of a project.
* Ensure the delivery of the assigned tasks on time, on budget and quality.
* Ensure efficiency and standardization of signaling systems across different projects (e.g. Design specifications).
* Ensure the definition of signaling system integration test procedures, the implementation of any requested test improvement, the execution of such tests and the preparation of final test dossier.
* Ensure the definition of lab test procedures, the implementation of any requested test improvement, the execution of such tests and the preparation of final test dossier
* Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
* Responsible for the Engineering Solution
The first phase of the project, linking East Kapolei on the Ewa Plain and Aloha Stadium, is scheduled to open in early 2021. Its second phase continuing the line across urban Honolulu to Ala Moana Center is due to open in December 2025.
The project constructs an almost entirely elevated rapid transit line from the eastern edge of Kapolei, near the University of Hawaii-West Oahu campus, to Ala Moana Center (East of Honolulu downtown). The line passes through communities along southern Oahu, via Honolulu International Airport and downtown Honolulu. It will have twenty-one stations and run from Kapolei to Honolulu, passing through Waipahu, Pearl City, Waimalu, Aiea, and Halawa
* Minimum 5 years" experience as a lead systems/design engineer for Engineering system applications
* Demonstrates the ability to deliver system solutions to closure.
* Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle
* Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools
* Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
* Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying
* Experience with overall systems architecture design
* Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
* Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience, but not required
* Prefer Expertise in any one of the following:
o Power systems including traction power and medium to low voltage designs
o EMI / EMC system integration and validation
o Telecoms and Network designs
o Automated control design and development systems
o Conventional signaling control designs
* Bachelor"s Degree
Because of COVID restrictions only North American candidates will be considered.
The assignments are for initially 8 months but could turn permanent for the right people.