Our Client has a contract to build and operate the Honolulu Rail Transit Project in Honolulu, the first fully automated driverless transit system in the United States.
They are looking for an Installation Engineer for their project in Honolulu to:
* Coordinate with integration leads and rail system design leads throughout the various design phases of projects to define and finalize installation interfaces and drawings;
* Understanding the Engineering Installation needs in order to explain them to the internal and external stakeholders
* Comment and review standard installation drawings, developing plan layout, sectional detailed drawings for installing the technical equipment;
* Collecting all the subsystems inputs and integrate them in order to define all the risks and the assumptions;
* Understanding the contractual documents in order to extrapolate the EI requirements and fulfill them;
* Consult with the subsystems WPLs, PE and PM through completion of drafting to ensure design expectations are met;
* Consult with Construction Site Supervisors to find installation solutions in the field via a survey.
* Review Engineering Installation design drawings for client submission and respond to client feedback as needed.
* Manage the various Engineering Installation design sub-contractor projects.
* Support the interface manager and work with the civil partner during the interface process in order to verify their design and make sure it meets EI requirements;
The first phase of the project, linking East Kapolei on the Ewa Plain and Aloha Stadium, is scheduled to open in early 2021. Its second phase continuing the line across urban Honolulu to Ala Moana Center is due to open in December 2025.
The project constructs an almost entirely elevated rapid transit line from the eastern edge of Kapolei, near the University of Hawaii-West Oahu campus, to Ala Moana Center (East of Honolulu downtown). The line passes through communities along southern Oahu, via Honolulu International Airport and downtown Honolulu. It will have twenty-one stations and run from Kapolei to Honolulu, passing through Waipahu, Pearl City, Waimalu, Aiea, and Halawa.
* Demonstrate strong understanding of interface processes between civil works and rail sub-systems within transportation/mass transit;
* Demonstrate a proven record of successful project completion;
* Operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams;
* Possess strong organizational and prioritization skills;
* Demonstrate critical attention to detail and deadlines and are self-motivated;
* Possess the ability to adapt well to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment;
* Ability to stay organized and maintain project records;
* Written and verbal English communication skills;
* Must be able to proficiently use AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) (Autodesk Revit or 3D software are considered a plus);
* Holds a Bachelor"s Degree in Electrical, Civil or Systems Engineering; a Master"s degree will be considered an asset;
* Possess at least five (5) years" experience with installation projects;
* Must have the rights to work in USA.
* Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience;
* Prior experience collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple geographic locations;
* Bachelor"s Degree
BECAUSE OF COVID CLIENT CAN ONLY CONSIDER US OR CANADIAN CITIZENS.