Our client is seeking a Safety and Technical Assurance Expert to assist in the development and application of the occupational health, safety and environmental (HSE) standards and procedures required for the planning, design, construction, testing and commissioning of the Etihad Rail project.
- Develop the project integrated "Health, Safety, and Environment Plan" (HSE) for all stages of design, construction, testing and commissioning, and operation of the rail project
- Inform and direct the project teams, suppliers and the PMC in all aspects of safety and technical assurance to ensure that all safety justifications produced are thorough and completed in a timely manner to support the project lifecycle and assurance submissions to the SARB at key stage gates
- Support and guide the SARB in assessing projects and O&M submissions and proposals (e.g. emergency procedures, incident management arrangements etc)
- Ensure that federal and local requirements for the development, submission and approval of necessary operational safety certificates / authorizations and supporting submissions (e.g. Operational Safety Cases, Engineering Safety Cases etc) are clearly understood, communicated and implemented amongst the project team, suppliers and the PMC
- Liaise with the rail operator on all aspects of system assurance, sharing best practice and ensuring that the operational safety case is fully aligned with the engineering safety case
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual summaries and metrics on Safety Performance. This will include all reportable accidents/incidents and near misses
- Review HSE Plans, and carrying out site inspections and audits of contractors construction activities
- Review contract HSE specifications and deliverables to ensure they meet project and regulatory requirements
Mandatory: Bachelors' degree in relevant field
Preferable: Post graduate degree
Preferable: CSP, NEBOSH or IOSH qualified, ideally with knowledge of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) requirements
The following qualifications to be considered;
- Manages safety assurance processes and ensuring that safety requirements are met.
- Ensures the latest approaches to systems safety assurance are applied to projects on behalf of the business.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to ensure that positive safety outcomes are achieved and the required level of systems safety assurance is delivered.
- Strong technical acumen, with experience in leading project teams.
- High level problem solving capabilities, including the ability to plan, be proactive and deliver value in a dynamic business environment.
- The ability to influence at all levels of seniority both internally and externally and with exceptional written/verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (mandatory)
- 5+ years Safety & Technical Assurance expertise gained within the rail sector (desirable)
- CSP, NEBOSH or IOSH qualified, ideally with knowledge of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) requirements (preferably)