Our rapidly growing Shipping Group of Companies is seeking an experienced and motivated Manager to lead its General Freight forwarding and Logistics business in the capacity of Unit Manager. With proven track record in overseeing day-to-day operations the candidate should also be excited about identifying, pursuing and capturing new business opportunities. The successful applicant will have great communication, teamwork, leadership and analytical skills.
- Proactively manage daily Freight Forwarding activities of the company to include all sea, air, road and warehousing operations
- Lead and direct all Sales and Business Development in line with the company strategy to expand their services within Oman and Middle East region
- Offer competitive products & services to the market through efficient operations, smart pricing and innovative operations
- Develop clear processes and policies to achieve industry best practices
- Actively develop client relationships at a senior level and be responsible for delivering services that meet market needs
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the team; train and motivate staff; develop appropriate succession plans.
- Manage all resources to ensure optimum utilization.
- An experienced Freight Forwarding Manager with proven Operational and Commercial success in previous employment with a reputable Freight Forwarding business
- At least 10 years of Sea, Air and Road freight operations experience
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Well Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to identify opportunities and propose competitive services accordingly
- Ability to conceptualize and deliver new services
- Ability to manage all financial & budgetary issues professionally