Our client manages vital transport infrastructure. They operate a rail freight network that stretches more than five thousand kilometres across Western Australia. From the diverse Midwest across to the fascinating Goldfields and Yilgarn regions and through the stunning South West and Great Southern, the network they manage connects local businesses and industries with eastern states and overseas markets. They deliver WA products to the rest of the world - 24 hours a day, seven days a week - by joining the dots between people, products and ports.
They are looking for a Regional Engineer to join their team based near Bunbury who will be responsible for engineering advice and support for the development, operation and maintenance of our rail network.
The Regional Engineer provides discipline specific engineering advice and support to the region to ensure the effective maintenance and operation of our assets.
The role achieves this by:
* Performing discipline specific engineering support for regional works teams as required. This includes developing plans, specifications, estimates, studies, engineering design, inspections, testing and commissioning and project support.
* Provide leadership and project controls during major works, from planning right through to delivery
* Engineering support in accordance with all discipline technical requirements (policies, frameworks, standards, procedures, certifications, etc.)
* Assist in ensuring the highest possible standard of safety, asset integrity, availability and reliability of equipment or system performance is achieved at all times.
The role can be based in Bunbury and we are looking for candidates that live in Bunbury (or are willing to relocate). An operational vehicle will be provided.
* Tertiary qualification in Engineering
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Demonstrated experience in design, planning and construction of railways within a maintenance environment
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor others
* Demonstrated experience in managing subcontractors and external parties