Our client is seeking a Deputy Installation and Construction Manager Trackwork (Deputy C&I Manager Trackwork) to assist with activities on the New MRT Construction Project, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Project Scope: Design & Construction Project for all E&M System (Rolling Stock, Signalling, Telecommunication, Power Supply, OCS, Track work, PSD, AFC, Depot & Workshop Equipment, F-SCADA, Signage & Graphics) for New MRT Line-1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
i. The Deputy Construction and Installation Manager Trackwork will report to the Construction & Installation Manager and will be responsible for assisting in the management of the construction and installation activities for the E&M Systems comprising Trackwork, for all areas of the HCMC Line 1 Project. The post holder will also work closely with the subsystem managers to implement and coordinate the overall installation strategy, safety provisions and coordinated programming
ii. Reporting to C&I Manager the Deputy C&I Manager Trackwork will be responsible for the following works.
* Manage, monitor, and coordinate Subcontractors Trackwork installation Trackwork include:
o Slab track system in underground and elevated section
o Ballasted track system on elevated section and depot area
o Special depot track installation
* Assuring fulfilment of the Employer's Requirements during construction
* Assisting in the development if the installation strategy including number of teams, installation labour supply strategy, installation rate, cycle times (production rates), temporary storage and access locations in accordance with the contract access and completion dates leading up to handover for testing and completion of works in time for Rolling Stock delivery/ testing.
* Using the installation strategy, assist the C& I Manager in the development the Construction and Installation Management Plan and any other necessary plans, and assist in developing coordinated programmes for installation at the depot, elevated section and underground section.
* Identifying the installation teams or other resources required to manage the installation activities for the works, supervise the works and other installation management tasks, agreeing implementation with the C&I Manager
* Assisting in the development and implementing the arrangements for site handover from and hand back to the interfacing parties and/or Employer.
* Organising installation risk assessments, developing and implementing installation work method statements incorporating safe working methods required as deliverables for Construction and Installation submissions.
* Manage and coordinate the installation activities of all parties throughout the implementation phase acting as the day-to-day point of contact for all trackwork related matters.
* Developing and implementing procedures for site supervision, site safety and security, monitoring progress of the works, installation quality management and installation tests prior to handover for testing and commissioning
* Assisting Sub System Managers in the development of the Sub System specific Method Statements and associated documentation required for the works.
* Prepare all necessary documents, plans or reports as required and coordinate relevant parties" teams, members or Authorities.
* Arrangements for progress reporting to the C&I manager for all works on or off the site as well as documents and related matters.
* Assist in the development, preparation and obtaining acceptance for Construction and As Built design package deliverables. This involves providing support for developing the arrangements as well as identifying priorities and scope of deliverables required.
* Meet the Contractor's supervision team regularly to review progress and, as appropriate, weekly work plans, method statements, inspection and test plans, risk assessments, site directions and schedules
* Control and ensure that the plans, specifications, working drawings and change documents are correct for the planned work and approved
* Control and ensure that the resources assigned to the work are sufficient, adequately trained for the task, briefed on the method statement or work plan and that they can perform the work in a safe manner
* Control and ensure that the materials on site are sufficient and approved per working drawings or other material approvals
* Control and ensure that labor welfare facilities are in place and adequate, and that labor laws and regulations are adhered to
* Assures that installation tests are carried out and verify conformance to the approved inspection and test plans
* Observes that the work is carried out in a safe manner, discussing or correcting minor infractions and taking more appropriate action when significant health, safety and environmental infractions are encountered
iii. The Deputy C&I Manager will be required to liaise with Sub-System Managers covering each of the other disciplines in the project and dealing with internal and external suppliers. These sub-systems managers and other managers such as planning, health and safety etc. will assist in providing input to the deliverables in line with the overall installation strategy led by Construction and Installation Manager. The post holder will be required to interact with the Employer, Employer"s Representative, Interfacing Contractors and local authorities in performing the duties.
iv. Any Tasks related to C&I instructed by the C&I Manager or the Project Manager.
1) Years of Experience
a) Total Year of Experience in construction management of slab track systems as well as depot track installation; 15 years
b) Experience in similar position ; 10 years experience as C&I manager/ Deputy C&I Manager for contractors of Rails projects (similar project)
c) Similar experience on metro rail projects with similar tunnel configurations, slab track systems, ballasted track as well as special depot track installation
d) Experience as a contractor side, not as a consultant side.
e) Experience in leading and managing site activities of railway projects
f) Integration and coordination skill for overall site activities of railway projects
g) Good communication & Team work skills and cooperative attitude in working with internal and external parties
h) Familiar with interface duties in coordination with other subsystems, civil contractors representative, the client and other stakeholders
i) Experienced in track construction planning and reporting, civil engineering processes and methods
2) Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering (or related field)
3) Certificate of English (such as TOIEC) if mother language is not English.