Our client is seeking an Environmental Officer (ECO) to be based in Singapore.
Our client will only consider Singapore Nationals or those with Singapore PR for this role.
The Environmental Officer (ECO) is in charge to perform site inspection and environmental control such as vector control, noise management, waste management, dust smoke and water pollution control, housekeeping and ensure environmental plan is in place.
- Assist Project Manager to implement and monitor of environmental management systems at work sites
- Ensure environmental compliance
- Prepare and submit a Site Environmental Control Programme to the Project Manager and construction Manager
- To look out for conditions/ situations in construction site which causes environmental health problems or are likely to cause environmental health problems and report to the Project Manager and construction Manager together with recommendations on remedial measures to be taken to prevent recurrence
- Inspect the construction site to ensure all facilities and equipment are relevant to the maintenance of environmental health are in proper working condition and do not pose any environmental health hazard
- Point out and discuss environmental health irregularities such as mosquito and fly breeding, rodent infestation, noise/dust/smoke/water pollution, poor housekeeping, earth littering, poor refuse management, poor maintenance of sanitary facilities, etc. with the Construction Manager and recommend measures to rectify such irregularities
- Report and submit a Site Environmental Control Report to the Project Manager on a monthly basis
- Organise campaigns, training courses and other activities to develop and sustain the interest of workers in maintaining good environmental health standards in the construction site
At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in construction field (Preferable in LTA Projects)
NEA registered Environmental Control Officer (ECO)
Desired Knowledge / Experience
- Proficient in Excel, PPT & Word
- Team spirit approach and communication skills
- Familiar with ISO 14001, and ISO 19011 on Auditing Process
- Possess good knowledge in risk analysis and risk control
- Conscientious and rigorous in his work
Availability: Sept 2020
Duration : 2 to 3 years