Our client is a leader in the design, manufacture, maintenance and supply of equipment and components for railway systems. In Auckland, they are delivering and maintaining the electric trains on the Auckland passenger network. They are currently looking for a Technical Stores Person to be responsible for conducting a range of physical and record-keeping tasks to support the accurate and efficient operation of the EMU parts store at Wiri depot.
This position reports to the Logistic and Purchasing Coordinator and this role will operate on a rotating shift.
As a Technical Stores Person your responsibilities will include:
* Assist maintenance team. This includes handling material and tooling required for maintenance daily tasks.
* Transferring and recording stock transactions in the inventory management system.
* Receipting and distributing inwards goods, transferring them to the appropriate location.
* Ensure materials and consumables stock levels are maintained to the appropriate level in the warehouse.
* Communicate with internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to management regularly.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment, complying with all New Zealand health and safety, quality and environmental legislative requirements.
* Being Ambassador of Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
* Other duties as required.
Due to current border restrictions, candidates must be based in New Zealand in order to be considered for this role.
To be successful you will need:
* To be flexible to work 24/7 shift work - 12 hour rotating shifts (Day shift 6am to 6pm and also night shift 6pm to 6am).
* Clean drivers license,
* Capable of routinely lifting goods up to 15kg,
* Have previous experience involving record keeping/data entry and experience in a warehouse environment
* Ability to work in a team and autonomously.
* Pass our pre-employment medical including a drug test
* Forklift license and overhead crane certificate is preferred but not essential
* Microsoft Excel: Intermediate level