Our client is seeking a Bids and Planning Manager to coordinate and produce the bid response, while assembling a proposal team with the relevant knowledge required to submit a winning bid. You will create solutions and develop strategies while complying with customer requirements in order to achieve their ultimate goal of securing winning bids. This is a large part of how the company will grow, secure and maintain clients and contracts.
This position will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and report to the Bid Director.
The Bids & Planning Manager oversees all aspects of proposal preparation, ensuring quality; compelling bids are submitted in a timely manner. They review all customer requirements to ensure that they are met in the proposal and collaborate with a wide variety of involved parties to include all necessary information within the proposals.
* Coordinate incoming bid requests and proposal responses, the Big Manager must organize and track all requests and responses using company databases. It is their responsibility to maintain and update this databases regularly.
* Introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures and processes.
* Delivery of compliant, professionally produced proposals within client defined timeframes.
* Day to day management of the bid process and the bid team
* Coordinate and review/edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, involving contributions from, technical, finance, procurement, estimators and legal teams.
* Presentation, communicate and influencing at a senior level
* Manage the post bid clarification phase
* Bid price preparation
* Production of the requires programmes associated with the Tender
* Prepare the bid progress report / submission review
* Arrange and coordinate the handover of successful tenders to the delivery team
* Support the delivery team in reviewing the contract after the award
* Arrange and coordinate lessons learnt reviews on all submitted tenders whether successful or not
* The Bids & Planning Manager acts as a coach for bid staff such as Bid Coordinator, Estimator and Procurement Manager. They guide staff through the entire cycle and help them grow. Acting as a mentor, their goal is to train and educate these staff in a way that will spark company growth.
* Must be willing to travel when required and where individual tenders dictate, temporarily relocate to a given destination within the Asia Region.
* Must have good technical verbal and written ability in English
* Will be a degree educated Engineer/Business Manager or an equivalent in a relevant discipline and be able to demonstrate suitable industry experience.
* Possess evidence of effective management skills
* Will demonstrate line management and people skills with a record of delivering through successful teamwork.
* Will possess the interpersonal skills to engage and motivate people throughout the organisation.
* Be able to professionally present, articulate and demonstrate credible competence at client and supplier meetings and negotiations
* Will have experience of rail project delivery and engineering.
* Good Understanding of Commercial Contracts within a contracting industry.
* Good understanding of construction Safety, Environmental and Quality management.
* Show an understanding of the bid process
* Knowledge of document management methods
* Cloud software experience
* Good Knowledge and demonstrable experience of Primavera and Microsoft Projects software
* Good Knowledge and demonstrable experience of TILOS Software
* Showing proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint