National strategic transport infrastructure investment are important assets that contributes significantly to the economic and social well-being of people across UAE. The role of R&D function is to proactively engage and appraise the client's leadership, management and staff on latest developments in the safety, transport technology and mobility fronts with the aim of nurturing a Learning Organization culture that is proactive and forward-looking.
- Organize and conduct workshops, retreats and any other tasks as may be assigned.
- Responsible for conducting environmental assessments and benchmarking performance pertaining to the global transportation and logistics landscape.
- Responsible for researching and identifying high-impact structural, policy & cross-cutting issues affecting performance & productivity of freight & passenger transportation systems.
- Responsible for preparing timely, regular and comprehensive reports/ presentations to update and prepare the company's management/ colleagues on the potential impact and applications of technological advancements.
- Collaborate with international railway, safety and educational institutions to benchmark performance and best practices in support of the client's Business, Engineering & Operations teams.
- Investigate strategic collaborations and partnership opportunities with OEMs and Emergent Railway Technology companies to diversify the client's revenue streams.
- Undertake all research, development and benchmarking activities, project-manage, and coordinate/ update internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Assist to foster the development of indigenous engineering capabilities, product & service development talents, and nurture a learning organization culture in the company through regular publications or sharings.
- Multi-and-inter disciplinary advancements in railway technologies, such as permanent way, rolling stock, power system, signal & communications, building facility, data-, environment- and asset- management towards preventive maintenance - all rail-based technical areas that directly impact overall performance of the company's core businesses.
- Smart mobility services & solutions, such as first-and-last-mile (FALM) transport involving autonomous vehicles, shared transport, e-vehicles, e-scooters, e-bikes services (ie Mobility-as-a-Service or MaaS), Hyperloop, Velocopter & customer service solutions - all applications that impact the client's business, value-chain & environment.
- Active online literature review from public domains and professional community of practice networks, such as Science Direct and Engineering Village databases used by multi-national companies (MNCs) ? promote awareness through internal publications/ sharing.
- Liaise with transport academies to organize training, highlight international transport accident investigation safety findings and promote benchmarking with other freight and passenger transport operators.
- Help support the organization in extraordinary events such as learning festivals etc to promote awareness and learning organization culture.
- Perform any other activity as required by the company both at the company premises and remotely when requested by the company.
- Contribute to the execution and delivery of any activities as and when required to ensure the continuity of work in the absence of other colleagues.
Relevant skills and experience are required for this role