Our client has a contract to deliver the rolling stock on the BP LRT project and are looking for a number of people to work on the project. This includes 2 Modification Technicians.
The Modification Technicians are responsible to implement the on-board installation and modification works including both Pre and Post installation/modification/manufacturing activity to the NCX1 and NCX2 APM vehicle (covering onshore and offshore testing when required)
In the context of the C801B BPLRT AR project, Modification technician is defined as vehicle-related installation, modification and test assistance activities.
1. Recording all installation/modification results, perform pre- Post Installation Check Out (PICO) and assisting the Modification engineer on compilation of all documentation for inclusion in the vehicle history book.
2. To perform the installation/modification and ensuring the workmanship is in line with the corresponding design specification.
3. Ensuring that safe installation/modification being carried out as per the product requirement within the project timeline.
4. Possess related rolling stock installation experience with site modification work, this is including all electrical and mechanical vehicle subsystems.
5. To perform rectification work that arise during the installation/modification phase.
6. Strong accountability ensuring the installation/modification work to be carried safely and in timely manner. All issues/update shall immediately inform the line engineer in daily basis.
7. Able to read and understand the installation/modification procedure, Methods Statement and with Risk Assessment.
8. Implements and enforces HSE requirement on site with the support of HSE team representatives.
9. Able to work with or guide the sub-contractors on modification/installation work as well as materials coordination with the warehouse/logistic and the RCS signalling team.
10. shall able to identify deviations from expected results and record them in installation reports and communicate deviations with line engineer or manager.
11. As a base line the Modification technician will require to operate various basic installation tooling, wire crimping tooling, scopes meter, etc.
12. To assist testing and commissioning engineer for vehicle verification activity.
13. Able to work on shift when require.
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge:
- Technician certification or equivalent in relevant domain.
Relevant experience required:
- Typically, minimum 3 - 5 years relevant experience, preferably with Rolling Stock system installation/modification background.
- Communicative and client-oriented attitude
- Accurate and result oriented attitude
- Team player
- Responsible and works independently