Our client is seeking a Construction Manager to assist with activities as part of the Power Supply Replacement and Upgrading for Bukit Panjang LRT in Singapore.
The Construction Manager is in charge to manage the site activities from start to completion. He is in charge to elaborate the installation strategy and methodology of installation. He shall oversee the progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. He will be responsible for the site safety, for budgeting, organization, implementation and scheduling of the construction activities in the project.
- To oversee, manage and direct the construction / Installation works in a safe and efficient way from the beginning to the end
- To review and monitor the construction activity in depth, ensure schedule of all deliverables, budget, planning and cost estimating
- To prepare the site activities and write the Method Statement explaining the methodology and identifying the risks and issues
- To plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- To ensure the tools, plants, materials and equipment are suitable for the job
- To follow-up and manage suppliers or sub-contractors activities on the site, dealing with project issues, changes, risk and quality
- To ensure that Quality process, and SHE requirement are known and enforced within the team and sub-contractors.
- Take part in promoting the safety and quality initiatives among the project team
- To train and give feedback to construction team and sub-contractors
- To report the progress and the risks to the project management, and prepare internal and external reports pertaining to the job status
- Bachelor's Degree or Professional Certification in construction management, engineering or related field, with at least 10 years of experience
- Proven working experience in construction management or similar role
- Good knowledge of construction management processes
- Leadership, initiative and decision minded
- Ability to plan and see the 'big picture'
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, PPT & Word
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6 or MS Project
- Conscientious and rigorous in his work
- Perfect knowledge in spoken and written English
Availability: As soon as possible
Duration: 3 years