Our client is looking for a Deputy Project Director / Construction Director to contribute to the leadership of the client's team to achieve business goals that meet shareholder expectations in terms of profitability and value creation with focus on safety, continuous improvement and good corporate governance.
Management of Infrastructure and System construction work to meet the overall objectives of the client to deliver a fully commissioned system in compliance to the Employer's Requirements, industry standards, consultants' specifications, Client's expectations, safely, on time and at the right quality.
This role is open to Malaysian and expatriate candidates
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Project Director, Director - Systems and Director - Infrastructure, develop and implement the overall objectives and strategies construction, installation, testing and commissioning of infrastructure and system works in compliance to the general, technical and operational requirements and standards of the Contract.
- Develop and implement Infrastructure and Systems Construction Management Plans, Programmes and Control Documents for all parties to ensure that all activities can be accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner throughout the project lifecycle.
- Organise and manage all Infrastructure and Systems construction activities involving Client, Stakeholders, PDCs, DDCs and WPCs and ensure the design requirements are clearly defined and fully incorporated into the designs and fulfilled during construction and installation in compliance to the Contract.
- Ensure Infrastructure construction requirement and Systems construction, installation, testing and commissioning meets the technical and operational requirements and standards of the Contract.
- Ensure that infrastructure construction and Systems construction, installation, testing and commissioning requirements are tracked and controlled throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure that impact analysis for the infrastructure construction and Systems construction requirements and design change and to advise on the impact analysis for the changes to the Project Director for decision making.
- Manage Infrastructure Construction and Systems construction, installation, testing and commissioning resolution processes and ensure that all conflicts within sub-systems and infrastructure are addressed and resolved in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Attend all meetings and ensure project implementation in a safe, cost effective and timely manner.
- Produce regular reporting on infrastructure and system construction, installation, testing and commissioning activities
- Support contractual, financial, legal, compliance and risk functions.
- Candidate must possess Degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 20 years working experience in the design and construction on large railway projects as well as construction and installation of systems on large railway projects and have successfully delivered a railway project in the last 10 years.
- Strong leadership and ability to work with a compact local construction delivery tea
- Proven track record in managing and driving all packages contractors to deliver within time and cost
- Proven track record in successful completion and delivery of infra works is essential
- Proven track record in successful completion and delivery of system works right up to trial operation and project handover
- Possess knowledge of Industry Standards and Design Codes in relation to Road/Highway/Bridge/Rail infrastructures to lead and manage the design consultants.
- Understanding of lifecycle system principle, system and safety assurance, quality assurance, control system, software management and configuration management.
- Familiar with AutoCAD, Primavera Version 6 and other related software.
- Leadership style and interpersonal skills suitable for directing, training and motivating subordinate.
- Strong communicator
- Good command of spoken and written English skills.