Our client has the contract to provide project management support for the construction of Double Line Electrified Railway Track with Signaling &Telecommunication System and related infrastructure for Rewari-Dadri and JNPTVadodara section (approx. 555 km route) of Phase-2 of the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor and for Procurement of Electric Locomotives.
They are looking for a Chief E&M Engineer to be based at their office in New Delhi for 10 man months to
- Prepare and implement coordination procedures and to advise and assist the client in the preparation of procedural system, Interacting with the client's designated officers and staff on a regular basis
- Establish a master project programme and review the contractors' programmes and associated progress
- Implement QA system, Overview the contractor's activities, Implement an integrated QA programme for the Project
- Assist the Client to provide technical data for stakeholder coordination
- Support Technical Assistance Consultants to plan and design the training module in cooperation with manufacturers/suppliers, in operation, maintenance and repair of various equipment and plants
- Support Technical Assistance Consultants to plan and design the training module in operation, maintenance and repair of the system
- Prepare Inception Report, Daily Report, Weekly Progress Report, Monthly Progress Report, Quarterly Report, Completion Report, Any Other Reports as sought by the Client
- Review Preliminary Design submitted by Contractor
- Review Preliminary Design Submission,
- Review Technical Specification document
- Review Design Manual,
- Review Utility Report.
- Review Definitive Design Submission
- Review Definitive Design Submission,
- Review Interfacing Contract Report Document and make recommendations for approval of Client on GADs,
- Endorsement and Issue Non-objection Certificates
- Conduct Detailed Review of E & M drawings and Specifications
- Review E & M Management Plan as per System DB Contract
- Review of Temporary Work Design Report
- Hand over Right of Access
- Superintendence Contractor's performance as "The Engineer", particularly with regard to quality of materials/construction, site safety, removal/relocation of utilities, and so on.
- Specify the system of test checks for Contractor's Requests for Inspection (RFI) at all appropriate level by Supervisor, ARE, and RE.
- Conduct Type Test, Factory Acceptance Test for E&M systems
- Examine Field Performance Test for E&M system
- Issue Non Objection Certificate to shop drawings
- Request to the Contractor to prove through appropriate tests that remedial works have brought the works into conformity with the Contract.
- Integrate as built drawings prepared by the Contractors
- Review the As Built Drawings for each component of the works prepared by the Contractors and determine their acceptability .Responsible to obtain all records of completion drawings and completion documents from the contractor and prepare completion estimates in accordance with provisions of Indian Railways Engineering Code. - Obtain duly classify and list all Drawings, Specifications, other Documents, results of tests and other relevant records,and transmit to the Client.
- Prepare integrated periodical reports
- Scrutinize registration of daily consumption of material, various activities / output of design and construction activities to be maintained by contractor.
- Support preparation of manuals for O&M
- Academic qualification: minimum Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- General work experience: more than twelve (12) years
- Experience in same/similar position: more than six (6) years
- Overseas project experience: more than three (3) years