Our client has a contract to maintain ther Doha Metro System-Phase I. The scope includes rolling stock, power, signaling, communications, automatic fare collection, platform edge doors, tunnel ventilation and other systems necessary to ensure the proper operation of the Doha Metro system.
They are looking for a Maintenance Director to be:
- The official representative of the Contractor to the Employer
- responsible for all aspects of the performance of the System Maintenance Contract;
- ensure that the Works are executed and completed in a timely and effective manner;
- have overall authority to manage and administer the Contract on behalf of the Consortium;
- bear the accountability of the safety, reliability and availability of Systems, Rolling Stock and Trackwork
assets installed and constructed for Doha Metro;
- be responsible of the enhancement/establishment and management of maintenance strategy, organization
in order to ensure the reliability and availability of the systems;
- bear the accountability of the safety and the performance of the maintenance organization;
Main Functions of the Maintenance director
- to manage all the maintenance staff in the execution & completion of the Maintenance Works;
- to act as the point of contact for all communications with the Employer and the Engineer;
- to effect and authorize actions necessary to fulfil the System Maintenance Contract requirements;
- to attempt to resolve points of clarification or misunderstanding;
- to deal with correspondence with the Employer and the Engineer;
- to maintain a cooperative and effective relationship with the Employer and the Engineer;
- to call and chair regular internal meetings with subsystems;
- to ensure that reliable maintenance services of the systems, Rolling Stocks and Track work assets will be
provided to meet the operational objectives of Doha Metro
- to ensure the delivery of operational objectives of Doha Metro to customers and to achieve the business
objectives and performance targets of the organization.
To be considered you must
- Possess relevant university degrees or equivalent qualifications appropriate to
their individual duties. (i.e. bachelor"s degree relevant to the nature of the contract mechanical, Electrical, etc.)
- Over 20 years experience in maintenance projects and project management.
- Preferably Rail System Maintenance
- Preferably at least 10 years in Metro System.
- Background of overall of business management
- Rolling Stock, Tracks, Energy (power) experience.